Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:APC)
Old Forum Content for APCMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- champ: $APC also beat on earnings....these reports...$PXD and others, should be positive for the sector....and all the #Sand suppliers, should get this sector back on track. I'm still hold all my long term #core positions but my trailing stops, sold me out of all my trading positions, last week.....and I started adding back, a few of those positions today.
- grcjr: $MAR $WFC $JPM $MCHP $CBOE $BAC $STT $AMZN $VLO $MSFT $NVDA $MPC $NFLX $SPY $ATVI - Some of the new 52+week highs $APC $HAL new 26 week high
- champ: $LBRT @ $23.. New IPO --- Day-5....Hydraulic Fracturing Driller, with crews in the Permian Basin and other Oil/Gas field basins. A few of their customers are ...$CLR $APC $NFX $DVN $NBL $SM and others. New IPO on 1/12, they are in the right sector, at the right time...this stock should go much higher, I'm guessing. Take a look at their WebSite, for info and a few Photo's. I have a position....
- DragonFly: @DrScience $XOP $XME $RIG I bought some RIG yesterday to ad to my basket of $CRZO, $SLB, and $APC I know I'm late on RIG but the price target is $15.00 still a nice upside
- michaelH: @champ $DJI $JPM $WFC $PNC #indices #Political Oils have been doing great. Didnt see too much here today on the sector. I know you have your share. Looking to add to my oil names but everything looks over extended. Looking at $CDEV and $XEC as 2 I own that still look to have room to move higher. Fundies on CDEV are good but chart not showing much of a breakout. Still very long $CRZO, and $XOM, $CVX, $EOG, $NOV, $CLR, and $APC
- champ: @michaelH $DJI $JPM $WFC $PNC $CDEV $XEC $CRZO $XOM $CVX $EOG $NOV $CLR $APC #indices #Political ---- I had a post today on $PXD and info. I took profits on a few positions...but only 1/2..$PXD was one on the high turn....and I'm holding all of my 22 positions.. in the sector and I did not add to any today but I posted the other day, that I added to all of my position, before and after the API inventory report....I posted I was taking profits, in names in other sectors and was rotating more $$$ into my energy positions, most all. However, I'm trading $ERX, with size daily, around my Core position but only if and when the sector looks positive.
- DragonFly: $RIG - $SLB. $APC, $CRZO all going so well I thought I's ad a little RIG to me mix hopeing to ad more if it goes down
- michaelH: @champ $CRZO #Sand #MyEnergyPositions Champ: Yesterday I took my tax loss on OAS, and looking to buy something else in the space as a substitute that has some upside. I already own $APC $EOG $XEC and $CLR and CRZO. Which of those would you add to? I'm thinking clr or apc on a pull back. Your thoughts?
- marrit: @michaelH $CRZO $APC $EOG $XEC $CLR #Sand #MyEnergyPositions $CDEV try this one. GL
- champ: @michaelH $CRZO $APC $EOG $XEC $CLR #Sand #MyEnergyPositions ---- For me...I always look for the lagger...$CRZO $APC and $XEC are the laggers, if you look at the 52 week highs.... but $XEC has recent upgrades and targets at $137 and $141 and has mome ...
- michaelH: @champ $CRZO $APC $EOG $XEC $CLR #Sand #MyEnergyPositions Thanks for your feedback. Have a nice new year!
- michaelH: @marrit $CRZO $APC $EOG $XEC $CLR $CDEV #Sand #MyEnergyPositions Have owned cdev in the past and made out ok w/it, got stopped out in Dec on the downdraft. Will ck it out. Thanks and happy new year
DAN: Good morning. The futures are showing a modestly higher open as we grind through a week known for light volume and low volatility.
In last night's Strategy Session, we focused on retail and energy stocks because many are on the move. In the imme ...
- grcjr: $APC - Anadarko is one of the companies fracking in the front range area North of Boulder. They recently admitted to a really bad release of highly cancerous material. They are cleaning it up. See https://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/21/anadarko-reports-release-cancer-causing-chemical-spill-dacono/ There was also a house explosion in Firestone, CO (Weld County), not far from Boulder. $APC is begin sued. There has been a history of accidental spills. When I searched "Anadarko spills" I see many, some on the Denver Post web.
- indigo1948: @grcjr $APC - I like it longer term - may be quite choppy with their problems in the shorter term.
- grcjr: @indigo1948 $APC - So far I don't see the stock being hit. I also am seeing the reports in the local Denver/Boulder news ... might not be a national issue.
- singlemalt: @grcjr $APC While they operate in many areas, they have a large presence in the Permian basin.
- grcjr: @singlemalt $APC - agreed. Other areas are much larger. That said the Colorado front range growth is impressive. Multiple, huge rigs and huge walls built around them.
- cmaxwel1: @Bridget $XLU $SMH $IYR $NKE $DK $CVX $LEN $BX $X $TIF $IR $CRZO $APC $PXD $CLR $LNG $PTEN $XEC $CXO $CTXS $LEA $CCL $RCL $ACN $DQ $DOV $PCG $EWW $KMX $TTD $SOI $GOOS $HOME $GDI $WTTR #Notes $XLU buy limit order 50.16, 76 day avg seems to be support for the index. and has a yield.
- DragonFly: $APC #cross over - very soon 20 day is going to cross 200 day. Early but I'm in. Merry Christmas! I'm back!
- DAN: $XLE -- Some energy stocks are breaking out...specifically the XLE. Here are some names that are under buying pressure. $MRO $CVX $EOG $APC $DVN. There are others, of course, but these are the ones that look more interesting to me -- and that I believe have potential for more upside.
- rck89: @DAN $XLE $MRO $CVX $EOG $APC $DVN Thanks. I was just going to compliment Bridget on her $EOG "breakout" comments yesterday. She was (and is ) so right! Still, since there's been no real movement in crude prices, the stocks must be up because of the new tax plan. I've owned $CVX for awhile because of its dividend and $ERX just because!
- michaelH: @DAN $XLE $MRO $CVX $EOG $APC $DVN //$CRZO chart also looks good.
- Lynda: @DAN $XLE $MRO $CVX $EOG $APC $DVN The exploration and production ones operating in the Permian Basin.
- DAN: @rck89 $XLE $MRO $CVX $EOG $APC $DVN $ERX (Insert "thumbs up" emoticon here). 8-)
- issues: @rck89 $XLE $MRO $CVX $EOG $APC $DVN $ERX Hard to figure out.If USA is going to get more oil out of our land, that dilutes the supply, therefore oil becomes cheaper, right?
- phgruver: @issues $MRO $PE $APC $DVN $MTDR $CVX $XLE I added to $MRO. It is an existing LT position of mine. I added some back in Sept. when it set a higher high at 13, and added a bit more yesterday, as it seemed poised to break out above the Nov. high. It only pays a 1.23% dividend, so I won't hang on too long.
- issues: On the 10 day chart, here's the leaders: $MRO 14%, $PE 10%, $APC 10% $DVN 8% $MTDR 4%, $CVX 4%. I bought $XLE. Who of you bought any of the others and why did you choose the one you bought? Checking PE's: $EOG 5,000 wow! $CVX pe 34.(Neg pe on MRO & APC.) $DVN pe 12. DVN has the lowest price/earnings but I see CVX has a long way to go to reach all time high. CVX was talked about on Fast Money last night!
- mopick: @issues $MRO $PE $APC $DVN $MTDR $CVX $XLE $EOG, have been in $COP for a while now. One of the best performers in this space this year!
Energy stocks that aren't as extended - $CRZO $APC $PXD $CLR $LNG $PTEN $XEC $CXO
$CTXS - in a squeeze
$LEA - channeling stock, at the top of the range
$CCL $RCL - failed breakout
$ACN - blow off top?
$DQ - IBD50 stock at a good buy point
$DOV - ...
- debeers: @Bridget $XLU $SMH $IYR $NKE $DK $CVX $LEN $BX $X $TIF $IR $CRZO $APC $PXD $CLR $LNG $PTEN $XEC $CXO $CTXS $LEA $CCL $RCL $ACN $DQ $DOV $PCG $EWW $KMX $TTD $SOI $GOOS $HOME $GDI $WTTR #Notes Bridget $MRO not too shabby either +4.47% today.
- rachel: STRATEGY SESSION NOTES- 122117 COTD: Compare stocks of real businesses and stocks in the crypto space. Aside from three fundamental data points, they’re exactly the same. But those three fundamental data points are your edge because they tell you whether the company is attractive to big money. $DOV $KMT $LFIN $GBTC $RIOT $NETE $SPX – holding up in same range. All indexes are still extended, though not showing signs of reversing. Smart Money / Dumb Money Confidence: .35 v .76. 41 differential. This is an extreme. $DJI $DJT $COMPQX $XLE – Important breakout today. Likely going higher from here. $XOP – ALERT $37 $OIH – Alert $26.39 $MRO $CVX $EOG – Alert $108 $APC – Alert $52.88 $DVN – Alert $41.30 $XME – Alert $35.75 $FCX – Weekly shows $20 easy. $TECK – Alert $26.25 $CEIX – coal. Steep price increase, though volume is falling off. $BTU – very strong momentum in this established name.
- bRobert: $APC Really nice setup if not involved. Flag. Target 1 $56 Alert > 52.20. Target 2 . $60+ . Long leap calls. Will add with price levitation
- bRobert: $APC low vol pullback. phase 2 long calls
- Iceman: $APC #ShortPuts – Bought to close 1 APC Nov 17 2017 37.5 Put @ 0.01 and 1 APC Nov 17 2017 45.0 Put @ 0.01. They won’t trade any lower. Sold the 45.0 Put @ 1.68 and the 37.5 Put @ 1.25 as #FallingKnife trades.
- Iceman: $APC #ShortPuts – Bought to close APC Nov 17 2017 40.0 Puts @ 0.01. Originally sold on 06/07/2017 at 1.16 as a #FallingKnife trade (and I was way early).
- bRobert: $APC Target $63
- Bridget: $APC coming out of squeeze
- champ: #Sand and #EnergyPositions Update as of today 9/27 ----- $Sand positions ...$SLCA $EMES $HCLP $CRR $FMSA $SND $FRAC --- Energy positions....$PXD $APC $FANG $CXO $XEC $XOM $PDCE $PDS $SLB $TK $WPZ $PAGP $KMI $MDR....I have core positions and trading positions in many of these names and I have been adding to most all these positions....I have #NOT deleted any positions and these are all Hold and Wait to be Reward positions.....all are Investments and I started building on the lows.
- champ: WTI-Oil is right around HOD @ $51.87 up $1.21. ----- $PXD $APC $CXO $FANG $XOM $PDCE $XEC $SLB ...I'm still holding my Positions in these big energy names. Along with these other positions $MDR $PAGP $WPZ $KMI $TK, along with all my #Sand positions and $SND is down today and I don't know why...so I'm watching, for a add on.
- clamtown: @Bridget $XLP $GIS $K $CPB $KHC $XRT $M $KR $COH $XOP $ESV $RIG $MRO $APC $CVE $XLI $XBI $SMH $MCHP $AMAT $AAPL $AVGO $SWKS $ADBE $MLCO $BBBY $BBRY $FDX $FOLD $PX $NOC $TWX $ROP $ALNY $VST $TSG $BEDU $ADNT $SNDR #Notes $AXP You mentioned this one the other day. Any changes.
- bRobert: $APC Share buyback / . pop
- champ: $APC @ $47.50 ---- Added because of #News.....
- champ: $USO ---- $APC up $3.10 @ $48 and it will probably, move slowly higher, after it settles in... is my guess because of that News...is my guess. Oil is really hanging in today and is #Flat @ $50.67 and thats great, after the nice move. Big, very Big... #OPEC meeting tomorrow, they could send Oil much higher but only if they say, that they will be cutting back Oil production even more....
- Bridget: #Notes $XLP - these consumer products were down on $GIS earnings $K $CPB $KHC $XRT - retail stocks falling lower $M $KR $COH $XOP - oil performing well. Good liquid stocks $ESV $RIG $MRO $APC $CVE $XLI - hit new highs $XBI - close to breaking higher out of flag $SMH - this rally is fizzling $MCHP $AMAT $AAPL - broke support at he 50dMA, $AVGO $SWKS - breaking down $ADBE - struggling to hold trendline after earnings $MLCO - gapped up this morning but then sold off $BBBY - hit a new low after earnings Breakouts $BBRY $FDX $FOLD $PX $NOC $TWX $ROP $ALNY IPOs working $VST $TSG $BEDU $ADNT $SNDR
- Bridget: @bRobert $XLP $GIS $K $CPB $KHC $XRT $M $KR $COH $XOP $ESV $RIG $MRO $APC $CVE $XLI $XBI $SMH $MCHP $AMAT $AAPL $AVGO $SWKS $ADBE $MLCO $BBBY $BBRY $FDX $FOLD $PX $NOC $TWX $ROP $ALNY $VST $TSG $BEDU $ADNT $SNDR #Notes I agree that this is likely just a pause, not a top.
- bRobert: $APA . $APC Adding to call spreads. APA target 1 $55
DAN: Good morning. We're looking at a flat open as traders wait for earnings numbers from:
Monday: $HAL, $APC, $ARNC, $HAS, and $GOOGL
Tuesday: $MCD, $GM, $AMGN, $CMG, $CAT, $T
Wednesday: $FB, $F, $WFM, $KO, $BA
Thursday: $UPS, $CMCSA $MA, $TWTR, $VZ an ...
- champ: $APC is the only big Oil company that is green and its up a big $0.05....and they report on Monday after the close.
- champ: $PXD is now HOD....$APC is almost now HOD....$EOG is now also moving back up ...along with $PDCE and $GUSH also moving a little now...plus others energy names.
- debeers: $GTLS/$APC/added to the $C- When Woodie sold 1/2 his $MU, I dumped 99%l of mine because he never sells unless there is a compelling reason . They did beat by the way and NO One Cared. Able to enter the energies with help of an old friend who was very kind to me. OPEC will rip its face off to have the biggest IPO on record be successful so, in the meantime think about American Companies where you can read the financials. I am still hoping for more downside in $AMZN. The AMZN I own from 550 when it had been to the vomitorium. Hope we can all pick up some at 950 or even less By the way, I forgot to mention that T.Rowe Price took a 10% stake in $GTLS and the filing just hit today.
- tnt: $APC I am buying stock at $44. I believe $XOM could very well make a bid for $APC with stock at severely depressed levels. $APC has some of the best deepwater and shale assets around and $XOM has the capital and long term view to take advantage of this. $APC has the size to really make a difference for $XOM and they have synergy and partnerships already.
- Iceman: $APC #ShortPuts #FallingKnife - Sold 1 APC NOV 17 2017 37.5 Put @ 1.25
- champ: $APA and $APC ....HOD
The small bounce in oil is heading lower again $ECA $HES $APC
$XHB - small pullback but still above breakout level
FAANG stocks - holding for now but screaming "Buy" to me right now. I see this bounce leading to another roll over soon.
- champ: $APC up $0.1 @ $53.31 now ---- The largest Oil company in the U.S., by the number of wells 6,692.... just turn green, and someone bought a big position of about 1million shares, you can see that on the one minute chart, they will be at the USB Global Oil and Gas Conference tomorrow and that could be why....maybe on some type of #NEWS that leaked....or the company bought ....I'm new Spec long swing position.
- steve71: $APC Opening @ 62.40, as shares respecting the rising 200 dma. 12,464 19May 65 Calls bought today, v. open interest 4,671.
- Robert1965: @champ $APC $DVN $FANG $PXD $ERX $NUGT Yes watching $FANG in the mid upper 90's Tuesday, got some but sold to early yesterday, when you got in what movement (price) triggered your entry
- Lou: Energy doing well today. Overnight I was partially assigned $APC on my short 70 puts - now at about BE with today's pop; one of my favorite energy stocks $PE is participating; also, my short $FANG puts at 92 and 100 for Friday are looking good. Still a believer in $ETE and $ETP. Rode them down from highs and gave up about 15% of my paper gains - balancing that against a potential of a 48% combined (Fed, State and County) ST Cap gains rate, it paid to wait - and now expecting good things to happen to the Energy Transfer group.
- Robert1965: $APC @champ have you looked at this lately, it seems to be preforming better than $DVN, any thoughts $APC
- champ: @Robert1965 $APC $DVN ---- I have been watching it....it's on my list and I do like the stock and it outperformed most of the energy names today. New swing positions yesterday for me were $FANG and $PXD and I added today but now out 70%..to be honest ...
- issues: @champ $USO Champ I thought you had dozens of oils. No? We hold a small number of shares of these; $XEC $SLB $EOG $CVX & $OKE $OKS (these two haven't dropped much at all; (sold $APC) all the oil efts; $xle $xop $oih etc. We will buy more when oil turns around. Mar/April should see a bounce of at least 10%.
- issues: @cmac $USO OK but on Fast Money the supposed chart expert said for the past 30 years oil have gone up in Mar and Apr. He said the odds are great for at least a 7% gain in oil during these two months of the year. He suggested the efts $OIH $XLE etc. I did see our oil holding turn around yesterday: $CVX $APC $EOG etc.
- issues: @champ $EOG Champ are you also holding the big boys $CVX $SLB (bouncing) & $APC maybe bottoming?) as well as the faster moving $HCLP $EMES?
- champ: @issues $EOG $CVX $SLB $APC $HCLP $EMES ----- I'm holding $EOG $CLR $FANG $COP $OXY $PXD $PBR $HCLP $EMES $FMSA $CRR $BHI $NOV $ALJ $PBF $ETP $KMI $WPZ $NAT in the entry sector...I could have missed a couple. Watching many others...
- issues: I bought a starter of $APC at $68.92 and realized I bought too early. Now do I put in a stop of let it fall to the 50 day? Dan would say it's ok since it's still above the 50 day. Another similar ones with the same starter now dropping would be $CVX (purchase price PP= $114) $EOG (PP $101) and $AA (PP $31.44). Someone might ask why I bought them. Well, for the oil season coming this spring. Then the answer would be, then why stop out now? Good conversation with myself. Thanks self. You're welcome! I better up my meds... oh no!
- Henry: @issues $APC $CVX $EOG I've always been over allocated in Black Gold and it has done me no good the last couple years. I'm not sure what you mean by the spring oil season. Refiners have to switch over to refine summer gas and the rest of us turn o ...
- indigo1948: @Henry $APC $CVX $EOG - with you Henry on my over exposure to oil for the past three (3) years but then no one ever accused me of not being stubborn. For what is worth I too feel that $APC looking poor right here right now - it is approaching the 50 DMA on the weekly and the last time it broke that it took over a year to recover
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $APC Anadarko Petroleum Corporation. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=APC&clip=79472
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $APC Anadarko Petroleum Corporation. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=APC&clip=79472
- champ: @cmac $USO $CLR #oil - Yes, Oil is troubling at least 2 out of every 7 or so days it seems like. I did sell...took small profit on $CLR $COP and $APC all on difference days ....because I added to fracking stocks...like $EMES and $FMSA. A lot of zig-zags going on in this sector....really hard to trade.
- issues: Sold the following $SIMO $SAVE $SFM; Bought $LRCX $APC $EOG
- issues: Earnings after hours include $ILMN. Last earnings we sold half of $NFLX only to see the gap up. So I am thinking of holding through earnings. Also reporting $APC $OCLR (1/31) $VIAV $NUE $GILD $MANH $EW $VLO $BOFI $AMD and $UA.
- rem2088: @issues $ILMN $NFLX $APC $OCLR $VIAV $NUE $GILD $MANH $EW $VLO $BOFI $AMD $UA I thought $GILD reports 2/7
- champ: @JJT1 $EOG ---It has been acting really well since 1/3....I'm long but it's a zig-zagger also... they all are....it had an upgrade...on 1/4 by BoA/Merrill ...one 4 ...I believe the other 3 were $FANG $APC but I can't remember what the other one was but I own all of these... at this point.....oil bounced...pushing all up....I have not look for news...been too busy.
- champ: @issues $BHI $USO $OIH $FANG $XLE $XOP $VLO $CVI --- I like laggers like $NOV $KMI & $XOM and these because of news $EOG $FANG $APC $DVN.....all 4 were upgraded a couple of days ago at $BAC/Merrill and I own all 4 plus the laggers and $BHI...I don't own any of the other but most of the sector everything in the sector is a strong buy. The one that I couldn't think of this morning was $DVN.
- champ: $APC @ $69.75 - New Spec swing position this morning on the drop earlier....upgrades today even after this move up ....Stop at entry @ $69.17...the low today was $68.35.
- champ: @champ $APC ....early out....I can always get back in....but out for now without a loss ..make a little.
- champ: #$SPX @ 2.191 down -7.73..-1.36% --- #$COMPX @ -72.57 down 1.36% but the #$DJI is up to 19,192 + $68....really mixed....very dangerous because it's hard to figure out whats going to happen next. Not holding any tech names now sold all days ago...only ...
$APC - I like the pattern here coming out of a squeeze, needs to break through $65
$ICON - consolidating just below $10, getting ready for the next run higher. Retail
$CONN moving out of this squeeze. Another retail stock on the rise. A break above ...
- TunaHelper: @champ $APC is at a nice buy point.
- champ: @TunaHelper $APC - I'm watching it and they were their yesterday....I have it parked next to $APA but the news flow is better on $APA....I like both but only holding APA for now ....I have not read the earnings report on APC but I will when I get the time.
- steve71: @issues $DAL $DAL $APC Airlines have been strong, and I like the Delta chart. Jet A is their biggest expense, and I am betting that oil is extended. Finally, holding Delta in a pairs trade with Anadarko, just in case.
- tnt: $APC showing interesting relative strength today in the oil patch. I am long and adding on dips
- champ: $UWTI $APA $DVN $APC $XOM and this big div stock $TRGP. WTI-Oil is moving up on the News... on comments from Libya that their might be an agreement today on the OPEC oil freeze...???? .....Off that news I'm Spec long day trading all of the above....for now but with trailing stops in place. If this happens the energy sector will take a big bounce......this move is just traders taking position....know one really knows anything but the sector is moving up ....so I'm just following the money $$$$....for now because it could happen.
- traderbren: @champ $UWTI $APA $DVN $APC $XOM $TRGP - might be the start of a move, based on this news: Saudi Arabia will cut ministers' salaries by 20% and scale back financial perks for public sector employees in one of the kingdom's most drastic steps yet to save money at a time of low oil prices. The measures, disclosed in a cabinet statement and royal decree broadcast, constitute the first pay cuts for government employees, who make up about two-thirds of working Saudis.
- Robert1965: @champ $UWTI $APA $DVN $APC $XOM $TRGP Nice I am surprised that you didn't have $MUR in the list,
- champ: @Robert1965 $UWTI $APA $DVN $APC $XOM $TRGP $MUR - I was day trading about 14 names....and I'm still in 4....$UWTI and $NUGT was the hard ones until the news broke. I hear you but next time please post the name before the move happens.
- champ: @Robert1965 $UWTI $APA $DVN $APC $XOM $TRGP $MUR $NUGT - On $MUR I really like the stock and many other but it's hard to pick all the ones you think will move on Spec day trades before the news....that I was waiting for and I was not really sure it was even going to happen today.....just saying. LOL
- Robert1965: @champ $UWTI $APA $DVN $APC $XOM $TRGP $MUR $NUGT Will do but only caught $MUR until after the move @27.65 still in since my stop was not hit, and closed the near the HOD 28.91, vs 28.98
- champ: $UWTI $UCO $USO - The energy sector is taking down the markets for no real reason ...at this point. I posted in the AH's yesterday that I did sell my Spec long energy names...in the AH's because of the way they were acting going into the OPEC meeting on Monday....I took profits on $DVN $APC and $APA but I will be watching all the names in this sector for new entries...but I'm still holding $KMI $ALJ and this tanker $NAT but watching many others Oil Tankers names like $TNP $FRO $TNK $TK $GNRT $DHT $STNG $NNA $NAP and $TOPS.
- absham: @champ $Crude $Oil $APA $APC $DVN $UWTI $UCO #API --Good point for trading there is definitely enough noise to do that. Thanks for all the input. I'm just long SLCA looking to reload but that's on the fundi side. I'm looking to trade more once I switch jobs and have more time during the day. Thanks again and good luck as well. And from what i'm told...if you're a trader and you're right 60% of the time that's a win, yes?
- champ: $DVN $APA $APC don't like the way energy names are acting ....out... the other 1/2 on ea...taking profits in the AH's. The OPEC Special Meeting starts on Monday 9/26 thru 28th....could be holding energy names back....is my guess.... so I'm out for now but will be watching again tomorrow....however, I will not be making any new trades in this sector until the meeting is over....unless some type of good news is released on oil.
- champ: @absham $Crude $Oil - #API - WTI-Oil data #'s....is always a good clue and was released yesterday at 4:30 ET in the AH's and they also reported a big surprise draw of 7.5 which started this climb yesterday....I post about the release and I when back in spec long....$APA $APC and $DVN. These #'s this morning confirmed this Oil draw from yesterday......but Oil is dropping a little now from todays high.
- absham: @champ $Crude $Oil $APA $APC $DVN #API Sometimes they move in unison sometimes they don't. Keep in mind API figures are "at will" reported vs. DOE's mandatory reporting. I see crude range bound $40-$50 next 6-9mo.
- champ: @absham $Crude $Oil $APA $APC $DVN #API - You right ...so do I but like I said ...I use this API # as a CLUE on Oil trades before the release of the EIA # that follows the next morning...works real well for me....I trade $UWTI and $UCO a lot ...I'm a ...
- champ: @woodman $DVN- Yes.....I got back in in the AH's yesterday on the API news.....along with $APA and $APC
- woodman: @champ $DVN $APA $APC - Still in $LNG too. Also enjoying $RUSL which I suppose is an oil proxy.
- champ: @woodman $DVN $APA $APC $LNG $RUSL - $RUSL I was thinking about it but got side tracked...Good Work!
|Stock Price||$USD 70.57|
Anadarko Petroleum Corp is engaged in the exploration and production of oil and natural gas. The Company's three operating segments are: Oil and gas exploration and production, Midstream and Marketing.Request Video of APC
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 23rd, 2018 - 2018 Q2 Earnings
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 55,600 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (55,600) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!