Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN)
Old Forum Content for AMZNMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- ROSEY: @Henry $Dropbox $GBX Good Morning and Thanks. I see, and so maybe AWS $AMZN also?
- stairm01: $AMZN bounced off of 1500. 45 minute day trade going into close.
- CHOFF: @stairm01 $AMZN - I suspect we are going lower into the close, not higher. Buyers are gone for the weekend. Hope I'm wrong.
- champ: @CHOFF $AMZN --- Only retail...
- champ: @CHOFF $AMZN ---- The bigger players should cover...RHRN or soon.
- stairm01: $AMZN Glued to 1500
- steve71: $AMZN Adding small in all accounts. "Going to 2,000."
- DrScience: @steve71 $AMZN Just hope it doesn't take the long way around! :-)
- stairm01: $AMZN bounced nicely off of the 20 dma and 20 ema on the 3 month chart as it has in the past, most recently March 19, with a nice 41 point up day following. Long calls off of the turn this morning.
- champ: @stairm01 $AMZN --- Yes, I'm in on the turn....
- riskmanager: @champ $AMZN Too late now?
- champ: @riskmanager $AMZN ---- Really hard to know but the markets are calming down now a little but I would like to see $BA turn a little more.
- stairm01: @riskmanager $AMZN Depends on your time frame. Market is down near the low part of it's oscillation, which is Dan's green zone. If market moves up, then this could help AMZN on this bounce off of the 20 dma and it could move to new highs. For stock, it's a good buy point. For options, pick your time frame and set stops to limit risk.
- champ: @riskmanager $AMZN ---- Stock timing is positive but Market timing is negative and what that means is...this is only a day trade and I just took profits.....now watching for a new entry. For a swing trade you have to have positive timing on both....the market first and the stock second and that did happen but it looks like that could be over for awhile.
- riskmanager: @champ $AMZN Thanks champ. I think prudence might dictate just stepping back and watching and learning. There will be other days to make money.
- Kristine: @champ $AMZN Just picked up ITM calls. As long as it doesn't drop below $1,539.00 I'll hold.
- traderbren: $AAPL - testing the 50dma. Also of note, $AMZN in this tape. We'll see what happens after 2 pm.
- champ: $AMZN @ $1,574 up $29 ....nice entry this morning
- champ: $AMZN ...HOD...
- BobbyG: $AMZN any other week and I would be buying calls. BuPS doing well, may see what tomorrow brings. Looks like support to me.
- Kristine: $AMZN - Bought back 2 ITM calls this morning. Had a stop a the low of the day and just moved the stop up. Other than the big plunge to the 50-day, the middle bollinger band has been rewarding...so far.
- Kristine: $AMZN - So far over the last few days $1578 area seems to be short-term support.
- drmike54: $AMZN BTO 1540-1550 BCS Mar 23 2018 @ 7.2 or better. Or, buy the 1550 C and sell the 1560 calls on Monday........
- mgoodw: $AMZN Any thoughts on this? Flag formation?
- mgoodw: @mgoodw $AMZN Ok, disregard, just saw Dans video from the 13th and the other comments !
- ROSEY: @DAN $AMZN. THANKS. : D
Here's hoping that you're doing well. I was privileged to do manual labor after the bell (shovel, snow, yuck). The $TICK and the Dow don't really have much to do with each other. The Dow, a price weighted index of 30 stocks, was, as you note, down, ...
- olveoyl: @Forexpro $TICK $SPX $AAPL $MSFT $AMZN $NYSE Very clear and concise as usual! Thank you kind sir!
- bigbartabs: @rck89 $AMZN ... Bezos... yes, I would even take that funny looking face of his for $130 B :)
- bigbartabs: @woodman $AMZN ... Bezos... more hair... yep, and I'm pretty sure my laugh is a lot less than fingernails on a chalk board.
- Kristine: $AMZN - Locked in profits and moved to cash. Started out to be a nice day but I don't like how it turned.
- riskmanager: @Kristine $AMZN Yep. Thank goodness for trailing stops.
- stairm01: $AMZN Bought puts this morning. Paying off nicely.
- Kristine: @stairm01 $AMZN - Do you have a target price or time frame?
- stairm01: @Kristine $AMZN Took profits off the double bottom on the intra day chart. Short trade. Entered trade at 9:55 with this weeks PUTS.
- DAN: @stairm01 $AMZN Nice move, stairm01. AMZN really climaxed this morning. I had some calls on it from last week, but close them out yesterday afternoon. When I saw the stock up this morning in pre-market trading, I felt regret and was tempted to buy more. But I've been there before. That "temptation" is actually confirmation that I've done the right thing...because people always get sucked in at the top. And regret in selling a very good trade because you fear that you didn't top tick it will kill you every time. I didn't buy puts. I just did nothing and focused on other things. Again, great job! Dan
- DAN: Good morning. It always feels good to return to work after taking some time away from trading. This time is no exception. But...I wasn't completely out of the loop and did do a bit of trading. Given how the market acted last week, how could I sta ...
- sierramp: @grcjr $NFLX $AMZN expanding in India?
- BobbyG: $AMZN ATH again. Trying to get rid of my Apr 1400/1390 BuPS for .50, sold for 1.2. Will roll up to 1500/1490 at the -.20 delta where I like to hang out.
- bigbartabs: @DAN $AMZN ... Bezos... can you imagine owning over $130 Billion in a ticker... and it goes up another 1.27% today? "Hmmm, I wonder how I did today. Oh... nice. Another $1,650,000,000" (yawn)
- rck89: @bigbartabs $AMZN Yes, we all want to grow up to be Bezos. Oops....we're already grown - crap!
- woodman: @bigbartabs $AMZN - Sure, he's the richest man on the planet, which is great if that's your thing. But I have more hair on my head than he does.
- ROSEY: @Dan If possible, Please comment on $QCOM's possible target tomorrow. Incidentally, I could kiss you for talking about $AMZN 2K$ target ((your acct) before vacation.........OOOPS, is G.Gma in trouble? ; )
- DrScience: @woodman $AMZN It's the little victories that keep us chasing after the prize! ;-)
- BobbyG: $AMZN Big spreads, but BuPS have been working pretty easily. I currently have an Apr 1400/1390 BuPS that I combined with an Apr 1540 call that I will let run and continue to roll out. Consumer Discretionary is up and AMZN is running.
- riskmanager: $AMZN At new all time high. Would anyone even consider purchasing RHRN? Looking at the chart, seems like pullbacks to 20 day MA get bought--if it pulls back. Perhaps Alexa's creepy laugh might be a catalyst. Anyway, just soliciting advice.
- PhilHarmonic: @riskmanager $AMZN This stock has been making new highs for a very long time. If you just bought and held you would have a substantial gain. If you were trading this stock then you would not have done as well.
The stock has been up 16.1 percent thus far this year (as of yesterday's close), beating $SPY by 14.1 percent. So, a 3 percent decline isn't a disaster, but I'm forced to reflect that over the same period $AMZN is up by 30.28 percent which looks lik ...
- indigo1948: @Forexpro $TGT $SPY $AMZN $BBY - more from Briefing.com: The stark reality is that the sales growth came at the expense of profit margins as Target battled on the promotional front with price and on the operating front with investments in its stores, ...
- Forexpro: @indigo1948 $TGT $SPY $AMZN $BBY Thanks, Indigo1948, Yeah, it looks as though plenty of stuff is getting sold; it's just costing quite a lot to sell it, and that's likely to continue. I expect to hold on, although I'm not looking to add around current levels. The stock has actually recovered rather nicely from the low prints. The attached chart is of the 30-minute variety. All the best!
- debeers: @Forexpro $TGT $SPY $AMZN $BBY -In the discretionary space, so far, only $NFLX has been able to escape the slings and arrows although Best Buy still is ok as a teaching function as in "How do I use, replace, etc." NP in that one. $NFLX has my vote Best to you, Forex.
- Kristine: $AMZN - Nice day with another new ATH
- champ: @CHOFF ---- He really did a great job laying it all out. The markets could turn after the markets in Europe close at 11:30 ET, they are the big sellers....traders around the world are not smiling.. this morning.....however, the $$$$ will be made on the turn and I'm guessing thats going to happen today or Monday. A few stocks are trying to move up....$WYNN, has bounce about $4 off the low...and $AMZN.. but don't really know if its going to hold....need to get the traders in Europe out of the way. China, said early this morning, that the markets shouldn't let these Tariffs, effect the markets....this was posted on Bloomberg News, early this morning..
- grcjr: @Richleaf1 $BA $AAPL $AMZN $AOBC $CRM $IBB $MU $UNIT all nibbled today. Closed my $INTC covered call for a really nice one day trade.
- champ: $AMZN up $40
- riskmanager: @champ $AMZN Yep, and I missed it. Would have been a great day trade.
- Junior1: @rj7150 #STEEL Back in Econ 101, that's what the taught. Price, Quality, Service. Pick two. But then came along $AMZN ! Time to rewrite the books.
- optionswealth: $AMZN I heard a commentator on CNBC say that $AMZN was at nose bleed levels, so I checked it out. 1433 is 30% above the 200day sma and 1533 is 40%. Current price1500 and all time high 1528.
- shoredriver: @optionswealth $AMZN So.......you are shorting, is that the point? It has been in "nose bleed" for some time.....
- optionswealth: @shoredriver $AMZN No, I was just commenting on the nose bleed CNBC comment. They make comments but they supply no info. I have yet to decide if 30 or 40% above the 200d sma is the right amount. Dan always says that stocks too high above their 200day ...
- shoredriver: @optionswealth $AMZN Do not feel the need to go back and check anything
- champ: @optionswealth $AMZN ---- This is not really a hold position at this time because of Market condition. However, for traders....on the low today that was entry. I have been trading this stock for around 14 months now. I know you and others are not tra ...
- debeers: $XPO=The best logistics firm IMO. So I got to thinking who can get those small machines, packages delivered from local to homes with the best profitability and i came up with XPO. They can win in 2 ways: just by doing what they do and, have to say, the perfect acquisition target for $AMZN. But, even if this doesn't happen, it will wind up with a lot of their business for delivery. 98 IBD Composite
- sierramp: @debeers $XPO $AMZN Very good points. Was in/out $XPO for +26% Nov to beg Feb but it fell off my radar. From my research $XPO does seem like a great acquisition candidate for $AMZN. Trying to be more judicious about next entry, looking for the D50.
- Kristine: $AMZN - Not holding the $1500 mark so sold my calls. I'd rather miss out on some upside than risk how the downside would impact my account.
- cmaxwel1: $AMZN stopped out at 1499. Thanks @DAN for the relentless emphasis on setting stops on positions. Out with a 6% profit vs the realization that the market dumped today of news of steel tariffs by the Orange Haired Market mover.
- crank: @Kristine $AMZN I like your trade.. IMHO if AMZN holds support at $1,500 it is onward and upward. Options always pose an added risk with the time decay. One may get the direction correct but run out of time depending on expiration dates. Your strategy compensates for this issue. Good Luck
- ROSEY: @Dan If possible, please comment on $AMZN price possibilities.
- Kristine: @crank $AMZN - The premium cost is why I don't buy too far out. I know it is risky to purchase into the next month before selling the current holdings but it has been working so far. I guess it would be the same with adding on a dip for a short-term gain to leverage the cost down.
- DAN: @ROSEY $AMZN $2000 by the end of the year. That's my bet -- and I think I'm being conservative.
- ROSEY: @DAN $AMZN WOW. Thanks, Dan.
- riskmanager: $AMZN: Is this breakout today above 1500 a buying opportunity? The volume seems to be rather light. Just soliciting opinions of the more experienced in the forum. Thanks.
- traderbren: @riskmanager $AMZN - volume has dropped off over the last few days so I would be very careful here. I had set a PT on some Mar Calls which got hit on Friday since I was traveling abroad. $AMZN popped today on $WMT news but hasn't built on it.
- riskmanager: @traderbren $AMZN $WMT Thanks for the feedback. Volume drop was concerning. Starting to get better at reading those tea leaves.
- Kristine: $AMZN - Nice close today!
8. $NFLX – and $AMZN both at ATH.
9. $CASA – still consolidating. Alert $21.32.
10. $HQY – regained the bulk of the selloff.
11. $TAL – Total surprise to me. Above $37 and it starts filling the gap.
12. $AAPL – Buffet ...
- champ: @riskmanager $AMZN ---- #StockEntries ---- Don't know how many post that I have had on entries but entries that I was posting about was back on Friday 2/9, the markets turned going into the close. That was the set-up to buy for the nexts days open. T ...
- Kristine: $AMZN - I've been trading ITM Amazon call options since July. I buy the short term and few weeks before expiration I start watching for an opportunity to roll them forward into the next month. Outside of the big plunge earlier this month when I dump ...
- ROSEY: @Forexpro $KBE $SPY $PNC $JPM $BAC If you could only choose one bank, which one would it be? OR, for a larger gain , would it be an entirely different sector? I should be in dividends, but I favor Tech and SMH. I am amazed by my daughter's choice of $AMZN.....and where is it going? ABBV is interesting, hoping someone makes a huge break thru soon. I think they are working on inflammation.
- steve71: $AMZN Acting like a short term top after a very nice run. Sold 1/2 and wrote March 1550 calls on the other 1/2.
- champ: @steve71 $AMZN --- Acting like a short term top, you said....but you have to remember, traders and investors aren't stupid, this is day 4, why would anybody buy a stock RHRN, when the markets are dropping, they all know that they must wait for market timing, they need to clearly see market direction, markets are #moving up a little RHRN but looks like it could be a another false move..???....but its hard to know....I can't see, its still just to foggy....but the fog could left.
- Forexpro: @champ $AMZN #moving Thanks, Champ, Actually, it appears that the market can't, or won't, move higher without $AMZN, as the WSJ noted this morning ("Amazon Is Taking Over the Stock Market, Too"): "Amazon.com Inc. $AMZN has accounted for 27% of the broader index’s (the $SPX) 1.6% gain (thus far for 2018) through Tuesday, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices’ data. That is followed by Microsoft Corp. $MSFT , which has contributed 13%, and Netflix Inc. at 8.3%. U.S. stocks fell Wednesday, but Amazon and Netflix extended their 2018 gains, adding to their dominance over the S&P 500." One of those chicken and egg things. Here's hoping that you're doing well; all the best!
- champ: @Forexpro $AMZN ---- This is one of my best positions and I have been in for around 14 months. I have many post on this stock but my point that I was making was, investors and traders don't take new or add to positions, when the markets are turning l ...
- Robert1965: @champ $AMZN Yes you were buying it in the 930.xx saying it is going to $1000.00 wish I followed you on that
- champ: @Robert1965 $AMZN --- I was in and out and trading the zig-zags, around a core position....now on this ATH, I'm only holding a very small position....because its just to hard for now.
- Robert1965: @puttz $AMZN I agree, good add
- steve71: $QQQ $KRE $AMZN $SPY Sticking with my thesis from yesterday. Banks, Tech and Amazon doing fine in a rising rate environment. Hedged by selling calls on the long positions and short the $SPY.
- steve71: $AMZN Amazon powering up in a weak market. Is that an IHS pattern over the last three weeks? $AMZN seems to benefit today from a $WMT fail on internet sales. What will do well in a rising rate environment? The market seems to say Banks and Tech...and Amazon.
- cmaxwel1: $AMZN started small position
- puttz: $AMZN Dble top or flag pattern?
- grcjr: @puttz $AMZN - I think it is too early to call a double top. I don't believe I see what I would call a flag, rather a short term pullback. I do see below average volume with a trend to lower. The stock has touched the upper BB which could just be resistance. I'm not seeing a VS. RSI of 66 is ok. MACD is looking positive but CMF and ADX not. Soooo, some encouraging things but I'm not expecting a break out just yet. Next earnings will likely be early May.
- puttz: @grcjr $AMZN I added at 1300. Wish I would of added more. I feel it to late to add any more at these levels though
I don't hate $CHTR nearly as much as I hated $VZ - truth to tell, I probably don't even get as far as "dislike" very often - but there is that $209 monthly bill. True, that includes the usual HBO stuff, but I find that if there's a movie t ...
- jimbo: @Forexpro $GOOGL $CHTR $VZ $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX
- jimbo: @Forexpro $GOOGL $CHTR $VZ $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX Forexpro Are you a Soccer fan?
- Forexpro: @jimbo $GOOGL $CHTR $VZ $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX Love It, Jimbo. Played some in my youth, became an Arsenal supporter while working in London some decades ago. Arsene and I are getting older and crankier together, although he has some years one me :) You, too, I take it?
- jimbo: @Forexpro $GOOGL $CHTR $VZ $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX I love the game! American born I coach college soccer now but played professionally back in the late 70’s through mid 80’s in old NASL now I’m an old guy! Haha I’ve been in here with Dan for 7-8 years! Love your posts your so knowledgeable about so many things! Always trying to learn to be a better and more patient trader. My team is Liverpool and they are doing pretty well.
- Forexpro: @jimbo $GOOGL $CHTR $VZ $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX That's Impressive, Jimbo, I can't lay claim to anything like that level of achievement. Liverpool are very good, but I generally preferred Everton during the latter part of the David Moyes era on the somewhat thin rationale that the team's skipper shared my Lanarkshire-based surname. I'm following Moyes' attempted comeback at West Ham with interest; just goes to show that talent still needs the right setting to manifest itself. Take care, and all the best!
- Kristine: $AMZN - So its close yesterday was the ATH closing price. It will be interesting to see how much resistance there will be when it nears its ATH.
|Stock Price||$USD 1,730.22|
Amazon.com, Inc., serves consumers through its retail websites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience.Request Video of AMZN
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 26th, 2018 - 2018 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 5.84 71.74%
- $USD 9.07 43.51%
- $USD 43.60 39.58%
- $USD 16.56 -23.94%
- $USD 27.53 -20.52%
- $USD 23.60 -18.23%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 56,100 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (56,100) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!