Advanced Micro Devices Inc. (NASDAQ:AMD)
Old Forum Content for AMDMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- woodman: $AMD - decent spot. Well, would have been more decent last week but still moving up the 50 day. 1/31 earnings (after the bell).
- grcjr: @woodman $AMD basically staying above the 50dma recently.
- issues: @woodman $AMD Would this be Dan's symmetrical triangle? pattern?
- vfr777: $AMD looking good today bounced off 50dma and 8ema
- bsafriet: @GOOSE $MT $AMD $JNUG Are you holding or did you exit? I'm on the other side of the trade with $JDST. Tuesday should be interesting - obviously I've taken the bear's side on the miners trade, same for gold. Just don't see a lasting uptrend in gold or the miners with a rising/strong $$$. I just don't think that the PRC has enough foreign currency reserves to continue propping up the yuan (?) at the expense of the dollar. Good move with the call write. I'll remember that strategy for future trades.
- Bridget: $AMD is still working. Seeing some sideways consolidation allowing you to get in. Stop around $10.50. same with $MU, seeing a bit of a bounce here. Stop just under the 20DMA.
- issues: @Bridget $AMD $MU; $AMD stop a full point below price is like 10%. Is that where you think the stop should be?
- Bridget: @issues $AMD $MU No, you're right that is probably too low. I looked at it again and I would revise that to $10.80 and would update it so it's never more than 5% below the 20DMA.
- GOOSE: SOME TRADES: $MT STC STOCK @7.55 Tired of waiting for it to move. $AMD STC STOCK @11.54 $JNUG BTO STOCK @8.66 $JNUG BTO STOCK @8.65 $JNUG BTO STOCK @8.74 $JNUG STO 1/13/17 9.0 CALLS @.55 BUY/WRITE
- GOOSE: OPTION EXPIRATION, 1/6/17 $AMD 1/6/17 12.0 CALLS EXPIRED $JNUG 1/6/17 6.0 CALLS ASSIGNED Covered $JNUG 1/6/17 6.5 CALLS ASSIGNED Covered $JNUG 1/6/16 7.0 CALLS ASSIGNED Covered $JNUG 1/6/16 6,5 PUTS EXPIRED
- GOOSE: SOME TRADES: $AMD BTC 12.5 CALLS @.28 $AMD BTC 11.5 PUTS @.76 Sushi Trade profitable. Jojo ;>) $JNUG STO 1/6/17 6.5 PUTS @.30 Buying stock a little cheaper, if stock cooperates. $JNUG STO 1/13/17 6.0 PUTS @.40 $JNUG STO 1/13/17 8.0 CALLS @.30 $JNUG STO 1/20/17 8.5 CALLS @.40 $VRX BTO STOCK @15.69 A Buy/Write $VRX STO 1/13/17 16.0 CALL @.57
- Robert1965: $NVDA, This slowly going down, like other chips $MU, $AMD
- phgruver: @Robert1965 $NVDA $MU $AMD $NVDA hasn't given back as much as the rest of the market, but it has given back over 1/2 of yesterday's gain.
- GOOSE: $AMD Been creeping up all day. Looks like I am going to have to roll out my short 12.0 Calls, or buy stock to cover. I usually wait until the last minute, which in this case is quickly approaching.
- GOOSE: TRADES: Rolled out. $AMD BTC 1/6/16 CALLS 12.0 @.47 $AMD STO 1/20/16 CALLS 12.5 @.63
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $AMD STO 1/20/17 11.5 PUTS @.63 To go with my 12.5 short calls. Strangling them.
- Henry: $AMD gapped down, that's different
- GOOSE: @Henry $AMD Yah, I noticed. ;>)
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $AMD BTO STOCK @11.49 (Different account than where my 1/6/16 12.0 short calls are. Not covering .... yet.)
- infocus: @GOOSE $AMD Hope that all works well for you, Goosie. My $UVXY Dec 30 8 covered call position is looking more promising today. Thinking about selling some calls for the following week on the assumption that these expire below 8. Hope you and all the SMMers have great holidays and an even better 2017.
- GOOSE: @infocus $AMD $UVXY Hi "Slinger", I hope that 12/30, and any new Calls you do work out for you. Keep in mind that $UVXY will be splitting 1:5, 1/12/17, and you may not want to get involved with any expirations after 1/12/16 at this time, or else you will have to put up with the "new math" of figuring out what the premiums/shares are for pre-split shares. ;>) Happy Holiday's my friend.
- infocus: @GOOSE $AMD $UVXY Thanks SO MUCH for that alert. No, I didn't know. If the current position gets called away next week, I'll avoid this kind of trade for a while..03 and 4 days days away.
- GOOSE: @GOOSE $AMD $UVXY ADDENDUM: To previous post: I will be flat in $UVXY prior to the split.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $AMD STO 1/6/2017 12.0 CALLS @.29 BTO the stock earlier, making this a buy/write.
- Alexandra: @GOOSE $AMD I'm following you Goode. 👣
- Henry: $AMD is coiling in pm just under 11.70 500K shares traded already. I don't normally put a lot of stock in premarket but that's a decent amount of stock
- GOOSE: $AMD @Henry Good Morning. Just read your post from yesterday. It made me smile. ;>) Thanks for that. GOOSE
- issues: @DAN $XLP $K $TAP $MO $PEP $NWL $SMH $XLK $QQQ $AMD $CRUS $IBM $ORCL $MU $FN $WB $QCOM $CRM $Z $USO $BP $XOM $APA $PXD $KRE $C $GS $BAC $PRU $DB $WETF $BEN $FRTA $TUSK $HUM $AET $UNH $IBB $ILMN $COL #ipo Dan half the benefit from the video is your mellifluous voice that has such a convincing, cogent, smooth, flowing sound. Anyone can read stuff on stocks all over the net but there is only one DAN FITZPATRICK and it's all in the voice. Don't even think of stopping these videos. I get a lot out of even the pauses, hesitations, emphasis etc.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: Hallelujah!! $AMD STO 1/6/17 12.0 CALL @.30
- infocus: @GOOSE $AMD And you calling ME "Gunslinger"?!
- Alexandra: @GOOSE $AMD Is that a covered call Goose?
- Henry: @Alexandra $AMD I think goose is counting on January profit taking
- Alexandra: @Henry $AMD thanks.
- Tony220397: @GOOSE $AMD you count on $mu don't have a good earning AH?
- GOOSE: @Alexandra $AMD Hi Alex, It's a naked call. I will just cover it if need be. Good trading to you. It's somewhat risky.
- GOOSE: @Tony220397 $AMD $mu Hi Tony, I didn't take $MU into account. I was just looking for a trade and came up with this one. It's nothing special. Even @Henry is giving me more credit than I deserve. Profundity is not my strong point. ;>)
- GOOSE: @Henry $AMD I feel good just seeing your moniker. ;>)
- mradams0621: @GOOSE $AMD $mu $MU Profundity?? I got to go look that up! Sounds nasty.
- Henry: @GOOSE $AMD Thanks Goose. I don't know that people recognized this trade is the 1st week in Jan. IF the pundits are right, and they weren't for the election, this ought to be a safe trade.
- cmaxwel1: @Robert1965 $MU (Cramer's Mad Money on Friday said they might take over $AMD) Speculation....
- grcjr: @cmaxwel1 $MU $AMD - I'm a bit negative on that combo. No position on $AMD. I own $MU.
- Henry: $AMD Canacord raised price target to $13 My son wanted me to buy it for him back around $7 Who was asking about natty gas? It's 14 this morning
- SierraJW: 59 min trade? $AMD, $NVDA, $ALGN, $HZPN all up, now down, this AM. $STM up also, LT hold on pullbacks, IMHO (Internet of things stock) Some may be longer term, as well - I need to check out reasons for move in $HZPN, for example.
- tradeforfamily: $TTD is working today, so is $AMD, long both.
- tradeforfamily: $AMD What a rip up today. Long.
- issues: @tradeforfamily $AMD Up 8% today. Could this be a top?
- PJMR11: $AMD Strong move today
- DAN: @Wolf $CY I think you could do that. Would suggest using last week's low as a reference for stops. But don't overlook other semis. $AMD was just added to an IBD list, and that's jumping. $MU has pulled back on a Phase 2 move. Not saying that they are better than CY; just pointing them out as stocks to consider.
- PJMR11: $AMD nearing high of the day. Almost 10% up.
- champ: @Aragorn $XLP $K $TAP $MO $PEP $NWL $SMH $XLK $QQQ $AMD $CRUS $IBM $ORCL $MU $FN $WB $QCOM $CRM $Z $USO $BP $XOM $APA $PXD $KRE $C $GS $BAC $PRU $DB $WETF $BEN $FRTA $TUSK $HUM $AET $UNH $IBB $ILMN $COL #ipo --Is the party Over...?
$SMH $XLK $QQQ - semi and tech not doing well. Major rotation. $AMD $CRUS $IBM $ORCL $MU $FN $WB $QCOM $CRM $Z, may get an oversold bounce tomorrow so I'm watching for my next entry
$USO up again today but this move might be over. If not, here a ...
- Aragorn: @Bridget $XLP $K $TAP $MO $PEP $NWL $SMH $XLK $QQQ $AMD $CRUS $IBM $ORCL $MU $FN $WB $QCOM $CRM $Z $USO $BP $XOM $APA $PXD $KRE $C $GS $BAC $PRU $DB $WETF $BEN $FRTA $TUSK $HUM $AET $UNH $IBB $ILMN $COL #ipo As always thanks Bridget. I wish Dan's notes were more like this then I could just read his notes LOL Thanks again
- DAN: @Aragorn $XLP $K $TAP $MO $PEP $NWL $SMH $XLK $QQQ $AMD $CRUS $IBM $ORCL $MU $FN $WB $QCOM $CRM $Z $USO $BP $XOM $APA $PXD $KRE $C $GS $BAC $PRU $DB $WETF $BEN $FRTA $TUSK $HUM $AET $UNH $IBB $ILMN $COL #ipo You can watch my videos, which accompany the notes. Trust me, I'd rather just provide detailed notes and forego the vids. ;)
- issues: @DAN $XLP $K $TAP $MO $PEP $NWL $SMH $XLK $QQQ $AMD $CRUS $IBM $ORCL $MU $FN $WB $QCOM $CRM $Z $USO $BP $XOM $APA $PXD $KRE $C $GS $BAC $PRU $DB $WETF $BEN $FRTA $TUSK $HUM $AET $UNH $IBB $ILMN $COL #ipo But Dan you have such a mellifluous voice: (def -pleasant to hear., soothing, rich, smooth, euphonious, harmonious, tuneful etc///
- Alexandra: @DAN $XLP $K $TAP $MO $PEP $NWL $SMH $XLK $QQQ $AMD $CRUS $IBM $ORCL $MU $FN $WB $QCOM $CRM $Z $USO $BP $XOM $APA $PXD $KRE $C $GS $BAC $PRU $DB $WETF $BEN $FRTA $TUSK $HUM $AET $UNH $IBB $ILMN $COL #ipo I love the videos and the notes help reinforce. Hope your shoulder is healing nicely.
Aragorn: @DAN $XLP $K $TAP $MO $PEP $NWL $SMH $XLK $QQQ $AMD $CRUS $IBM $ORCL $MU $FN $WB $QCOM $CRM $Z $USO $BP $XOM $APA $PXD $KRE $C $GS $BAC $PRU $DB $WETF $BEN $FRTA $TUSK $HUM $AET $UNH $IBB $ILMN $COL #ipo
I did ask Gary if he could do the same for th ...
- Bridget: $AMD is starting to show some movement higher after consolidating around $9. It is very close to its all time high of $9.22, so be watching to see if it will break through this level to a new high.
- bwcarnation1: $AMD anyone holding or selling here? was thinking I should sell here but I always sell too soon. Suggestions? Tight stop from here??
- PJMR11: $AMD Still climbing
- Bridget: $AMD is moving up quickly out of this tight squeeze. Now at a 52 week high
- tigerjohn8: @Bridget $AMD Yes!!! I love when I have to keep raising a stop
- tigerjohn8: @Bridget $AMD @Dan a little help here. Would you say the 3 day rule applies to this $AMD move or is the 10%? short interest going to keep pushing it. Thanks
- Bridget: @tigerjohn8 $AMD this is starting to get very extended. Keep a tight trailing stop, or I just sold my position cause my profit target was hit. +55% on the calls. If I can make that kind of return in one day with little worry I will take it. No reason to be stressing after the close.
- bigbartabs: $AMD ... on fire for the 2nd day
- Trixie: $AMD looks interesting.. Reasonable vol but yet to push thru and go to new highs.
- cmaxwel1: $MA $AMD out with profit
$AMD - phase 3 of a vol squeeze?
$GIMO - big reversal
$HSY - big breakout
$ELLI - high volume breakout
$ALEX - high volume breakout
$TMUS - consolidating after big run
$KORS - nice move on volume after flag. ER on 11/10.
Also $LULU and $DECK ...
- bwcarnation1: $AMD up from flag on vol
- bwcarnation1: $AMD nice recovery from E sell off. sq'n but at 9% but above 10,20,50,200 dma
- eaglEye: $SLAB $AMD and some in group doing well
- bwcarnation1: $AMD E tonight big vol day likely close at HoD sq'n....lottery ticket on small position
- Alexandra: Is anyone buying $AMD on the dip ?
- orpheusredux: @Alexandra $AMD I am not. Nor did I heed the brothers Najarian who hyped the stock on Fast Money at noon today based on "unusual call buying." It never fails to amaze me how these guys jump in just because somebody else jumped in. Crazy. I'm glad I didn't take the bait.
- tmende: @Alexandra $AMD They beat the street but its trading down a bit AH. Didn't dig too much past the headlines.
- cmaxwel1: $AMD still running.
- jetace: $AMD just crossed the 50MA with strength, steadily moving higher
- woodman: @jetace $AMD - nice one. Thanks.
- cmaxwel1: @jetace $AMD Very Good Call....
- cmaxwel1: @jetace $AMD (Just set sell limit order at 8 for 1/2 on my new position).
- tjv821: $amd anyone else holding this??
- cel55: @tjv821 $amd considering AMD for an entry point only after I see it settle and hold the 50-day. Otherwise, next support is another $1 lower
- tigerjohn8: $AMD which has been doing well lately this morning announced a secondary offering . Stock is down $.50 but seems to be holding the $6.80 level
- Aragorn: $AMD inside inside day tomorrow might be intersting
- tmende: $AMD Gapping up
- Aragorn: @tmende $AMD Gap and run
- tmende: @Aragorn $AMD Power move, took some off the table then it continued to run.
- tmende: $AMD Good Trade. Banked the rest.
- tmende: Strong close by $AMD about 10 cents away from a new high. Volume was pretty good too.
- tmende: No one has mentioned $AMD in a while but its moving along with the crowd today. Pick some up a few days ago after a bounce off the 20 DMA which has been a good buy area the past few months.
- Alexandra: $AMD up 18%.
- woodman: @Alexandra $AMD Sweet. I sadly missed this one.
- Alexandra: @woodman $AMD why is it up? Should I sell it all today ? Is someone buying it ?
- dunsek: @Alexandra $AMD Advanced Micro Devices : Exane BNP Paribas raises target price by 69 pct to $5.3
- Alexandra: @dunsek $AMD should I hold it or take profits ? Thanks Dunsek, nice of you to respond. I need them to upgrade $DGLY.
- 88mvuong88: $AMD looks like it bounced off 20 day MA to continue higher. It is also above 50 and 200 day MA. Anyone seeing the same?
- ag1: $AMD Continues up, but is extended. Picture from Fidelity
- ag1: $AMD adding a trailing stop
- maratom71: @woodman, $MNKD, actually on a watchlist, created today, along with $AMD, $CLDX, $ZIOP. Yes looking for longer ride, as well as DT. actually saw $INSY at $17.26, but failed to execute.
- MrPotato: @maratom71 $MNKD $AMD $CLDX $ZIOP $INSY Been watching $MNKD for years, crazy stock. Definitely not a stock you want to be long in for more than a few days at most. It's potentially going bankrupt, and they've done a horrible job of marketing their product. If it goes much higher, i'd be looking to short unless some serious game changing news comes out.
- bbw223: $AMD $INTC $NVDA Bloomberg reports Intel (NASDAQ:INTC) is in talks with AMD to license its smaller rival's GPU patents.The report comes with Intel's cross-licensing deal with Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA) due to expire in Q1 2017. Nvidia has been recording $66M/quarter in licensing revenue related to the Intel deal, which allows Intel to use Nvidia's IP in the GPUs integrated with its CPUs.
|Stock Price||$USD 13.40|
Advanced Micro Devices is a semiconductor company with manufacturing, research and development, and sales and administrative facilities throughout the world. It provides processing solutions for the computing and graphics markets.Request Video of AMD
Already a member? Sign in here.
- May 1st, 2017 - 2017 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 7.05 22.31%
- $USD 19.41 17.65%
- $USD 6.77 16.33%
- $USD 7.71 -27.97%
- $USD 21.87 -21.70%
- $USD 7.00 -21.63%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 46,900 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (46,900) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!