Applied Materials Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAT)
Old Forum Content for AMATMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- DrScience: $AMAT Yesterday's breakout, pulled back within the BB's this morning. Technically, the stock is still in a 5.8% VS, even with all the failed breakout attempts. I'm thinking the next move may be to try again on Friday, or next week, so bought DEC 57.5 Calls @ 1.78.
- bRobert: @DrScience $AMAT Great long term holding stock.
- bsafriet: @champ $LRCX I exited my position in $LRCX way too early and have been watching for an entry. I capitulated today and bought this move up out of congestion. Closed at an all time closing high and was an inside day (ATH set 11/17 inter day @217.00). ...
- champ: @bsafriet $LRCX $AMAT ---- I like both and I not really concern with China, at this point. I'm concerned about our markets because of the Tax Reform Bill because their are 6 Senators, on the fence and if 3 announce, that they will vote no, the bill will not go to the floor for a vote and if they pull the vote, the markets could drop over 1,000 points or more and I believe it will drop hard and fast, if that happens. However, this week should be all right. Its next week when the bill goes to the floor for debate and thats when the noise, will start and the risk level will be extremely high. I did not sell any positions but I did take profits on 2 Spec positions on the OPEN...$ULTA and $CMG but watching for re-entry, if or when it happens but it might not.
- grcjr: $SOXL $SQ $MU $WDC $AMAT $AAPL, $INTC several more, $AMT - Followup to my post yesterday, all up today (in % order) $SOXL is up 3.49% at this time, the largest of those on my watch list. All of the roughly 30 tickers on my Tech list are positive today, even $AMT (perhaps not really tech but I put it here anyway). Tough to buy, great to hold. Or is it? Perhaps a time to take some profits? Tightening my stops.
- bRobert: $AMAT . $VMW Added leap calls VMW high short interest
- grcjr: @ROSEY $NVDA - Welcome back. I have not been following $SMH but have some $SOXL (somewhat similar to your $SMH as well as $AMAT, $NVDA, $MU, $SWKS, $INTC, $QCOM. I'm using $SOXL as my savings account ... safe place to put money that is not currently in a specific ticker. I've attached a chart ... $SOXL is the best over the past 6 months! $MU second, $NVDA third.
- Bridget: #Notes: $CME $CBOE $ICE - all moving higher $HD - breakout on squeeze. $LOW reports earnings tomorrow morning $VEEV - starting to break out of squeeze. ER on 12/5 $DLPH - breakout on the daily, many car companies up today $ALRM - has recovered almost back to pre-earnings levels $AMAT - phase 3? $TXN - in a squeeze $MRVL - moving higher on volume. ER on 11/28 $NOW - starting to break out of this squeeze $DLTR - earnings tomorrw, breaking higher, along with $DG $WDAY - moving higher into earnings on 11/29 $ESIO - new high in this rally $VRSN - going exponential $PENN - working $KRO - working $BA $HON $LLL $LMT - showing strength today $ICHR - at a good buy point
- vpsmack555: $AMAT Great earnings report...opening pop and a fizzle...I'm not great at mining earnings reports...anyone see something in there that would cause the fizzle?
- bsafriet: @vpsmack555 $AMAT I couldn’t find anything in the report and c/r call that was negative. I sold my position yesterday just before the close @58.88 and bought back today at $58.10. $AMAT never has been a crowd favorite, tends to be a slow move ...
- vpsmack555: @bsafriet $AMAT Thanks for the input...held a small position over earnings that I bought @ 52.78 ...should have been adding to it along the way...like the company but was a little worried over it's first hours action today
- Bridget: #Notes: $XRT - big up day for once with $ROST $ANF $WMT $FL all moving higher after earnings. $ULTA $FIVE $OLLI and $LULU also moving higher $XLY - also breaking out to a new high $XOP - seems to have found a bottom after this sell off $TSCO - coming out of a cup and handle $KR - coming out of this base going into earnings $WGO $THO - breaking higher $NTES - huge move on increasing volume $CGNX - is this on the growth stock list? $MAR - working $PVH - breakout, ER on 11/30 $URI - new high on volume $CHRW - shot across the bow $CMI - back down at the 200dMA $AMAT $LRCX - failed breakouts $COPA - alert at $134.5 $GOOS - ipo hitting new highs
- bRobert: @Bridget $XRT $ROST $ANF $WMT $FL $ULTA $FIVE $OLLI $LULU $XLY $XOP $TSCO $KR $WGO $THO $NTES $CGNX $MAR $PVH $URI $CHRW $CMI $AMAT $LRCX $COPA $GOOS #Notes The best entry for CPA was on a bounce off the bottom of the descending channel. MACD and adx crossover . Weekly chart squeeze. Strong revenue growth. Long
- Bs7518: BS7518 $AMAT time to add?
- thehook1: @Bs7518 $AMAT BTW they report tonite if u didn't know
- champ: $AMAT if your not in this stock from yesterday, its too late for entry, if you want to hold a position, you need to buy... right before the close.
- Bridget: #Notes: Earnings after close: $ROST $AMAT $XLP - back up at resistance, watch for a rollover $XLY - new high $SOCL - new high $WMT - gap and run to $100, will we see some selling here? $BBY - still in the channel $SJM - breakout and filling the gap $LRCX - breakout $RHT - breakout $CTRL - new high $WB - running higher, this is working $BAX - in a squeeze at all time highs $BA - in a tight squeeze $CTSH - in a squeeze $ABT - in a squeeze, alert at $57 $VIPS - breaking out of this base right before earnings $KR - breaking out of a base, ER on 11/30 $SGH - IPO breaking out, almost to new high $GOOS - IPO, phase 3
- grcjr: $AMAT on my watch list. Been consolidating for over 3 weeks just below the multi year (all time?) high. In an incredibly tight VS.
- mariner: $AMAT in a tight squeeze. Reports tomorrow
- Bridget: Earnings after the close or tomorrow morning: $WMT $AMAT $BBY $CSCO
- bsafriet: @Bridget $WMT $AMAT $BBY $CSCO $AMAT reports AMC, 16:00 ET (Earnings Whispers)
- Bridget: @bsafriet $WMT $AMAT $BBY $CSCO you're right, I miss read it. Thanks!
- woodman: $AMAT high squeeze.
11. $AMAT – squeezing at high level. Too extended to be really “coiled”. Earnings Thursday.
12. $OTIC – lost less than expected. Good phase 2 results on Meniere’s disease drug. Inner ear stuff. Very risky ...
- grcjr: $AMAT been in consolidation beginning to squeeze near the all time high. Earnings "expected" 11/16 after the close. The 50dma could spend some time catching up. Have alert set for a break out and a break down.
- Sluggo: $AMAT $NTNX $PYPL $HON $AAPL $V $HFC @Dan welcome back! I read your morning email and couldn't believe how much we think alike now. That is due to me paying attention and taking notes every night. I have been under your tutelage for a few years now. I avoided some big losses by selling some positions either altogether or sold half position before Earnings. Some examples? $KEM sold it at the top, $CC sold it at the top, $RTN sold it at top. Thanks for all you do for us!
- Sluggo: $CC $KEM $CBOE $MZOR $SQ $ALRM $V $PYPL $SEDG $AMAT $NTNX $CC solid uptrend no pullback on down day $KEM solid uptrend at good buy point 5 P/E $CBOE best in a bad neighborhood - at 20d strong on a bad market day $MZOR bounce off the 20d in a hammer $SQ in a strong cons above the 20d $ALRM sold half my position today - strong but look at $CTRL $SEDG $TAN is strong now. low risk buy pt $AMAT still extended but working like $LRCX $NTNX strong on a weak day but still extended $V felt so confident that I held whole position through E today - works!
$SMH - this leader is looking toppy $AMAT $LRCX $MU
$UVXY $VXX - huge volume in the Vix today
Earnings moves today:
$BA - finally showing some weakness after this huge run. Wouldn’t necessarily be selling, but not recommending buying this d ...
$AMAT - still working
$YY - new all time high, not extended on the daily
$EXEL - gap and run
$ESNT - day 2 of breakout, blue skies, ER on 11/3. You can buy here but stop is down at $39 - $40.
$ALGN - new high, ER 10/26 Growth Stock
$CZZ - at a go ...
- issues: @DAN $NVDA $WYNN I would like to add to $AMAT. Where would be a good place to add?
- DAN: @issues $NVDA $WYNN $AMAT Not sure what your intention is on AMAT (long term "investment"...or just a short term trade). AMAT looks pretty strong to me. 4 days of lower closes...but very very minimal after the run it had. I don't think this is a good time to add to AMAT. If it pulls back more, you'll get a better cost basis. If it instead breaks out, that's only about 2% higher than the current price. So you're not giving up much by waiting for a safer trade. Hope that helps. --DAN
- Sluggo: $ALRM $RTN $MZOR $SQ $HON $CBOE $OSUR $PYPL $V $AMAT These are the 10 stocks I currently hold and have held for a while. They are all extended at the current time, but some like $AMAT are close to a buy point. I do have another job, so I am late in reporting these. I apologize for that, but will try to let you guys know sooner when they hit their breakout buy points. Just put them on a watch list for now with a better entry alert notated.
- DAN: @Sluggo $ALRM $RTN $MZOR $SQ $HON $CBOE $OSUR $PYPL $V $AMAT Sluggo, thanks for posting that list of holdings. Those are all really great stocks with super chart patterns -- higher highs and lows...and close to or at new highs. Awesome job!!!
- Sluggo: @DAN $ALRM $RTN $MZOR $SQ $HON $CBOE $OSUR $PYPL $V $AMAT Thanks, Dan...I owe it all to you and making a lot of my own mistakes over the years. I probably had every stock service (wont name them) that didn't do diddly for me since 2000. It's the old adage about giving a man a fish and teaching him how to fish. Kudos back at ya!
- DAN: @Sluggo $ALRM $RTN $MZOR $SQ $HON $CBOE $OSUR $PYPL $V $AMAT Thanks for telling me that, Sluggo. Makes me feel really good about the work that I (and we) do here. Funny -- I was just talking to someone last night about what I do and I said that it really is a grind. Every day focusing on the market unless "life" gets in the way -- as it has a lot this year. We were chatting about how long I planned to keep doing it, and I said that, every once in a while, I'll hear from someone who tells me that I've really changed their trading behavior and results for the better. And that's what keeps me getting up before 5 am each morning. So thanks for being that guy today. Needed to hear it...and congratulations for learning a little something about fishing! $$$ DAN
- Sluggo: @DAN $ALRM $RTN $MZOR $SQ $HON $CBOE $OSUR $PYPL $V $AMAT My pleasure, Dan. You are doing a great service for us all and I hope you continue doing what you are doing. As I said, I am not speaking out of my hat (whatever that means). I have used a ton of reputable services over the years and you are the best. Don't leave us! You and Aragorn, Bridget, Woodman and the rest are needed for all of us to learn and know there is someone else who is trading and helping. As you have said, trading is a lonely business.
- woodman: @Sluggo $ALRM $RTN $MZOR $SQ $HON $CBOE $OSUR $PYPL $V $AMAT - it takes a while. I've learned from all of those you've mentioned.
7. $AMAT – popping out of weekly squeeze.
8. $LRCX – still working
9. $YY – still going
10. $BIDU – coming out of pivot. Chasing now.
11. $OLLI – still going.
12. $COR – 47% of float is short.
13. $FIZZ &n ...
12. $AMAT – high volume breakout from 4 month choppy base.
13. $ICHR – breakout from squeeze
14. $LN – squeeze on low volume. Note increasing trading activity.
15. $FIZZ – good entry a bit lower. Next buy point is $130. Ve ...
- Bridget: $AMAT back up to a new high after almost testing the 50dMA. Uptrend intact.
- Sluggo: $RTN $HON $V $PYPL $CBOE $SEDG $SQ $DXC $ALRM $MZOR $AMAT $OSUR Does anyone see a chink in my armour regarding these 12 stocks that I have been holding? I would love to see input on these. Would love your critic.
- bRobert: $UCTT $LRCX $AMAT $KLAC The production tool side of semiconductors works . Positive retests of breakout VECO my dark horse trade, Will add when proven Renaissance Technology holder.
- woodman: @bRobert $UCTT $LRCX $AMAT $KLAC - $ICHR making a nice come back too.
- clamtown: @Bridget $XLP $GIS $K $CPB $KHC $XRT $M $KR $COH $XOP $ESV $RIG $MRO $APC $CVE $XLI $XBI $SMH $MCHP $AMAT $AAPL $AVGO $SWKS $ADBE $MLCO $BBBY $BBRY $FDX $FOLD $PX $NOC $TWX $ROP $ALNY $VST $TSG $BEDU $ADNT $SNDR #Notes $AXP You mentioned this one the other day. Any changes.
- Bridget: #Notes $XLP - these consumer products were down on $GIS earnings $K $CPB $KHC $XRT - retail stocks falling lower $M $KR $COH $XOP - oil performing well. Good liquid stocks $ESV $RIG $MRO $APC $CVE $XLI - hit new highs $XBI - close to breaking higher out of flag $SMH - this rally is fizzling $MCHP $AMAT $AAPL - broke support at he 50dMA, $AVGO $SWKS - breaking down $ADBE - struggling to hold trendline after earnings $MLCO - gapped up this morning but then sold off $BBBY - hit a new low after earnings Breakouts $BBRY $FDX $FOLD $PX $NOC $TWX $ROP $ALNY IPOs working $VST $TSG $BEDU $ADNT $SNDR
- Bridget: @bRobert $XLP $GIS $K $CPB $KHC $XRT $M $KR $COH $XOP $ESV $RIG $MRO $APC $CVE $XLI $XBI $SMH $MCHP $AMAT $AAPL $AVGO $SWKS $ADBE $MLCO $BBBY $BBRY $FDX $FOLD $PX $NOC $TWX $ROP $ALNY $VST $TSG $BEDU $ADNT $SNDR #Notes I agree that this is likely just a pause, not a top.
- captron: $AMAT - Watching for the start of Phase II right here.
- bRobert: $UCTT $AMAT nice moves to top of range. Stops raised on partial position. These will follow SMH. nh but ADX still under 20. (NO strong trend).
- ag1: I'm looking to add to my $AMAT position if it breaks through $46 on some volume. The following is at: http://electroiq.com/blog/2017/09/fab-equipment-spending-breaking-industry-records/ Fab equipment spending breaking industry records The latest update to the World Fab Forecast report, published on September 5, 2017 by SEMI, again reveals record spending for fab equipment. Out of the 296 Front End facilities and lines tracked by SEMI, the report shows 30 facilities and lines with over $500 million in fab equipment spending. 2017 fab equipment spending (new and refurbished) is expected to increase by 37 percent, reaching a new annual spending record of about US$55 billion. The SEMI World Fab Forecast also forecasts that in 2018, fab equipment spending will increase even more, another 5 percent, for another record high of about $58 billion. The last record spending was in 2011 with about $40 billion. The spending in 2017 is now expected to top that by about $15 billion.
- grcjr: @Dan1946 $AAPL $AMAT $MU - I did add a nibble of $AMAT this morning. Working. Also a nibble of $MU ... break even so far.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $AMAT Applied Materials Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=AMAT&clip=91126
- issues: @ROSEY $SMH not Dan but here's what I researched in $SMH: IBD grp 19 includes $LRCX $MKSI $AEIS $AMAT $ESIO $BRKS. Today we bought ESIO and BRKS. Already own MKSI & LRCX.
- ROSEY: @issues $SMH $LRCX $MKSI $AEIS $AMAT $ESIO $BRKS Thanks . I was surprised that NVDA was not in the group.
- issues: As I carefully read the posts today and listened to uncle Dan on SMM last night, I noticed Dan's mention of $BRKS. So I did my diligent research and found BRKS is in IBD group 19 - Semis along with $LRCX $MKSI $AEIS $AMAT & $ESIO. I was surprised to see ESIO up 40 in the past 3 months. Then LRCX was up 4% in 10 days TCMD was also up 40% in the past 3 months. BRKS is has a good rating at 97 Cumulative and C+ accumulation. MKSI 99 Cumulative and A accumulation. and ESIO 91 Cumulative and A accumulation. ESIO might be one to keep in a watch list. But Dan's BRKS isn't bad either. Holding small positions in $LCRX $AMAT $MKSI. Bought $RP this morning.
- billybob_jethro: $KLAC $AMAT $LRCX $ASML - These all appear to be breaking down. started a short position @158 $LRCX
- Bridget: $AMAT looking like a double top
- bsafriet: @audrina0904 $SPX $DJI $NDX $NVDA $LRCX $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX $TSLA $QRVO $SWKS $MCHP $AMAT $EA $AEIS $MPWR Doesn't volume always run lighter in the summer? I'm keeping on top of my stops and making money while it's here to be made. Have just about made back $$$ lost in June's sell off. Don't plan on giving it back this time.
- audrina0904: @DAN $SPX $DJI $NDX - Not that it matters much, but I agree...Take a look at the leadership stocks of the past...The rallies of the last few days have come on lower volume and they have not come close to taking out their highs. $NVDA $LRCX $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX $TSLA $QRVO $SWKS $MCHP $AMAT $EA $AEIS $MPWR - All have rallied to some extent after leading for months/qtrs but none have done so on significant step in and buy volume. $NVDA yesterday got a lot of significant talk from the analysts and moved up nicely with the market but the volume just wasn't what I'd like to see, I hope I'm wrong, but big money is either on the sideline, or not comfortable moving back in.
- DAN: @audrina0904 $SPX $DJI $NDX $NVDA $LRCX $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX $TSLA $QRVO $SWKS $MCHP $AMAT $EA $AEIS $MPWR Sure it matters, audrina0904. Everyone's opinion matters. And I do think that a lot of money is going to the sidelines...and not a lot of money is running onto the field. I find Jaime Dimon's recent comments to be the most significant. http://www.businessinsider.com/dimon-central-bankers-are-facing-an-unprecedented-challenge-2017-7 Basically, he's saying that, because of the Fed's actions over the past 8-9 years, we are in uncharted waters. No one really knows how this is going to play out, and it's probably going to be worse than people suspect. Best line: "We act like we know exactly how it's going to happen, and we don't." Enough said. --Dan
- audrina0904: @DAN $SPX $DJI $NDX $NVDA $LRCX $AMZN $AAPL $NFLX $TSLA $QRVO $SWKS $MCHP $AMAT $EA $AEIS $MPWR I AGREE - it's impossible to know how it will play out...markets dont like uncertainty, that enough would be enough to sell...I just wonder what grannie will be saying.
- billybob_jethro: @Dan - You had mentioned you were thinking of shorting $AMAT if it got up to the the 50 SMA. Still have that thought? I shorted small amount.
- DAN: @billybob_jethro $AMAT No, I'm not short, and won't be shorting it. Semiconductors are not really reversing (and I'm REALLY happy about that because, if they were, the market would be selling off hard). They're just choppy and broken. But that break of the 50-day moving average doesn't mean that $AMAT is going to fall further. Support is $41 not. Just be careful on your short. Glad you asked, because I don't want you to think I'm doing something that I am not doing. --Dan
- billybob_jethro: @DAN $AMAT - Thanks. I am watching closely. Last 3 days of buying all on lower volume. Will get out if gets above 45.5 which appears to be limit of upper Bolinger band
- DAN: @billybob_jethro $AMAT OK. The short might work, billybob_jethro. Just respect the bulls. They can gore you if you don't. 8-)
- billybob_jethro: @DAN $AMAT - As always, thanks for answering and keeping the minions in check.
- champ: @bsafriet $BAC $C $WFC $DB $MS $JPM $AAOI $AMAT $LRCX $AVGO $NVDA $COHR $OLED $IIVI $IPGP $MU $VEEV $ADBE $GLW $AXTI $LITE $OCLR $NOVT $ANET $FNSR $MTSI $TSLA $LABD $Dan $WB $MOMO $TCEHY $NTES $BIDU #Trading #Spec #Positions #Economic #Non-Farm #Addi ...
- bsafriet: @champ $BAC $C $WFC $DB #Trading #Spec #Positions #Economic #Non-Farm #Additional Why not take partial profits in your long positions in. $BAC and $C and let the rest ride (play with the house's money)? I'm long $MS, $C and $JPM and thinking about a ...
- issues: @audrina0904 $ESNT It's very choppy - like a meat cutter. 1/2 position. I sold $ICLR when it was headed down. Now it's up big. I am not going to do that with $PI $AAOI $ANET $AMAT $AEIS etc.
- optionswealth: $AMAT Look at AMAT on the weekly time frame chart then look at it on the daily time frame chart versus todays price action. What do you think about starting a position now? I know there was one earlier, but I waited to see what kind of sell off we might have when I saw how the financials were acting so I'm not in it, yet.
- audrina0904: @optionswealth $AMAT I think you're safe to start any position as these MAY end up being buying opps...Having said that...start SMALL and with stops! Now more than ever, manage risk.
- issues: $ANET & $ATVI have very similar charts. I like this pull back so I added to the less expensive of the two - ATVI. I also added to these on the pull back yesterday: $ATHN $AMAT $EXAS $AEIS ~ Tomorrow $STZ reports at 10:30 am so I am selling 1/3 position.
- Bridget: @issues $ANET $ATVI $ATHN $AMAT $EXAS $AEIS I like $AEIS here, thanks for mentioning it.
- woodman: $AMAT $LRCX - two faves in trouble here ....
- debeers: @woodman $AMAT $LRCX -out of $LRCX as it broke the 148.07 level.
- woodman: @debeers $AMAT $LRCX - I sold half my LRCX this morning. I still have AMAT as it dropped right to support (6/12 intraday low) this morning. It may be outta here shortly.
- tigerjohn8: @woodman $AMAT $LRCX My trailing stop on $AMAT will sell at 41.96
- Bridget: Notes: Stocks I mentioned yesterday that were "toppy", fell below support today. $TSM $AMAT $LRCX $SWKS $MCHP FAANG - not looking good since $XLK is rolling over $AMTD - great performing bank stock $AXP - working $YRD - Vol Squeeze up $OSUR - breakout $FSLR - holding up well $SBAC $AMT $CCI - up on $CHTR deal $PLYA - #ipo new high $STX - breaking out to the downside $PYPL - double top $TXN - breaking down $IRBT - shot across the bow $KHC falling below 200MA $GE - almost at 52 week low Dumpster Diving $CBL $AFSI - coming off the bottom
- woodman: $AMAT - waiving bye-bye
- ginice: $AMAT - Stopped out ... small loss. Really need the market with you on these trades, ha! Tomorrow is another day! Trade safe.
- ginice: $AMAT - Taking a position in this one today … running just above the 50dma which was a good entry in the longer term past. Good shorter term support at 43ish with a cute little descending triangle. It’s just a swing trade to start. Trade safe.
- ginice: $AMAT - Well, the first 15 minute candle failed to take it higher, no trade. Watching this morning, I dipped a toe in at 43.10 with a stop at 6/12 low of 42.30ish. The Market /NQ is sinking all boats today... one day wonder I think. ha! I hope this turns out to be a bargain basement trade. Trade safe.
- Bridget: Notes: $XLF - some financials showing bullish movement. I like $ALLY here. Also bought calls in $XLF. FAANG - got a bounce this morning but have since pulled back, seems like buyers are less enthusiastic at these levels. Many other good performers saw a bounce off their 50dma, but since have pulled back ($TAL). $EEM - gap up and holding at the top of the consolidation range $VMC - breaking out. 52 week high at $138.18. Moving averages turning up on daily $HCA - moving higher out of cup and handle $MRCY - phase 2 $OI - breakout $BC - new 52 week high $GLW - breakout $FN - short squeeze $RAD - short squeeze Stocks that look toppy: $W $TSM $MCD $AMAT $NVDA $LRCX $WTW $SWKS $TSLA
- vfr777: $amat picking up today. The semis look good.
- woodman: $AMAT $LRCX - I haven't sold a share of these on their pullbacks. Today I added.
- woodman: $LRCX $AMAT $MU - I don't know if LRCX and AMAT will hold up, and I have sold a lot of my semiconductor related stocks, but I still have these as they sit on the 50 day. I still have MU too; with it continuing to do well but having earnings coming up, that adds a few wrinkles.
- issues: @woodman $LRCX $AMAT Maybe it's my new glasses but $LRCX and $AMAT have the same pattern in their charts.
- woodman: @Robert1965 $LRCX $AMAT $MU - Sorry, I don't understand your post.
- Robert1965: @woodman $LRCX $AMAT $MU I am Holding $MU and doing good until the announcement of the EVP, then it dropped like rock from 32.40. I was ready to sell, still have 1/2 position wanted to sell above 32.60, before earnings
- issues: Here is an interesting article "Cheap Stocks with PEG ratio (pe divided by growth rate) below 1 that are Buy rated: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/26-cheap-stocks-in-the-markets-hottest-sector-2017-06-09 Phil VanDorn lists these as good candidates: $MU $WDC $CIEN $BCOR $LRCX $AAOI $CIEN $STMP $TIVO $MXL $SMCI $AMAT $CAMP $FB $CRUS $MEI $ITRI $SMTC $OCLR $SWKS and $MSCC. Although these are not necessarily on his list, I personally like: $BCOR $AMAT(IBD 50 this week) $CTRL(IBD 50 this week)$PETS $BZUN $BABA(IBD 50 this week) $ANET(IBD 50 this week) $CGNX (IBD 50 this week) We personally hold positions in $MU $LRCX $AAOI $MXL (have tight stop in place) $FB $BABA $ANET & $MCHP.
DAN: Good morning. Futures are up this morning as we follow through on the shot across the bow. After a couple of days of fast selling of the high flying Nasdaq stocks, most are rebounding and working themselves back into their established ranges.
- StockMarketMentor: A Price Alert has been triggered for $AMAT Applied Materials Inc.. Click here to view associated video clip: http://stockmarketmentor.com/stockanalysis.html?ticker=AMAT&clip=86846
- Bridget: Notes: $XLF - financials still working but starting to slow while waiting for FOMC. $WFC $AMTD $SCHW $CMA $ALLY $IYT - transports doing good. $CSX $FDX $UPS $GBX $XBI - biotechs doing good. $CVLS $MDT $OMER $PUMP $ABT Casinos holding- $CZR $MLCO $WYNN $LVS Infrastructure trade - $VMC $CMC $MLM $XLK recovering - $IRBT $TSLA $LITE $EDU $XHB breaking out - $KHB $LEN $PHM Winners on a pullback - $MTN $DPZ $NFLX $AMAT $ANET $MAS - breakout $IPI - breakout
- woodman: $AMAT bounce off 50d for the brave.
- issues: Took a look at the 10 day chart and these were the best $AEIS (dropped from 12% to 1%) $LRCX (drop 6% to -1%) $AMAT (4% to -3%) $CGNX (4% to -5%) $ICHR(8% to -6%) $MTSI (-2% to -8%). But looking at the charts on this page it looks like MTSI is the best. We hold small position in $AEIS $LRCX $MTSI & $PLAY. But I added to $PLAY (thank you Bridget) and bought starter in $LITE (thanks Champ). Why? LITE went from +14% to drop to just 5% (best) and PLAY dropped from 10% of 5%. I added to $NVDA on this pull back. It closed near the high of the day. I am hoping this pull back will resume its uptrend to break out over $170! Looking at $OLED. Some of the IBD 50 this week are $AMAT $ANET $ATHM $ATVI $BABA $CGNX $EDU $ICHR $LITE $LRCX $MTSI $NVDA $PLAY
- grcjr: $MU $AAPL $KLAC $AMAT - Although $AAPL is currently getting a lot of coverage, it is good to look at the memory market impacts. For example, the new Apple products have increased the memory available in many of the products. Current iPhones7 can now support up to 256 GB, new iPads up to 512 GB. Not all models. $AAPL is looking at buying their own piece of the memory manufacturing space. $MU and others are doing well supplying the memory chips. $KLAC and $AMAT support the manufacturing of many of the various chips. OK, I'm not a normal user but I am annoyed that $AAPL did not increase the memory capacity of the MacBookPro, still at 16GB.
- grcjr: $AVGO $AAPL $AMAT others - based on big earnings report by $AVGO (and upgrades) I'm watching for a possible 59 minute trade at the open. Also watching for pin action on $AAPL and other. Long: $AAPL $AVGO $AMAT
- grcjr: #NASDAQ100 new highs (52+weeks): $INTU $AAL $EXPE $REGN $EA $AMAT $CHTR $HAS $CMCSA $CTSH $MAR $FISV $HSIC $TSLS $VRTX $SBUX. Big list today. Can't figure out where to be? Could try $SMH. Perhaps $SOXL
- DAN: Some of @Bridget's notes to me tonight: $XLI $XLV - both breaking higher $BX $OLLI $CRUS $AMAT $MA - working $MON - continuing to breakout $WYNN $LVS $MGM $CZR $WYN - this move was much bigger than I expected $DLPH - new high, this stock is in the autonomous car space $GM $F - both seeing a bounce after this pullback $NSC $CSX - at all time highs $FDX - breaking out of triangle, a break above $200 would be significant $NLY - nice pattern, breakout on volume $LND - breakout after flag $OA - breaking out of cup and handle $CHGG - breaking out of squeeze $HRB - steady climb, new 52 week high $TCMD - #ipo at all time high (Short and Sweet). 8-) Dan
- issues: Notice the break out of $CTRL. This is in IBD industry group 24 -COMPUTER SFTWR-EDU/MEDIA GROUP. Semis are in group 3 with $ICHR $AMAT $KLAC. $ICHR broke out only to be smashed back down. It's like the game smash the gopher when he sticks his head up. I didn't like the semis now because of declining earnings estimates, but I do like $CTRL because the earnings are increasing quarter to quarter (.23 to .27 to .35...) So CTRL would make a good choice for a LTH in my humble opinion. Start position entered. On the IBD 50 list this week are AMAT ICHR & CTRL.
|Stock Price||$USD 56.07|
Applied Materials, Inc. provides manufacturing equipment, services and software to the global semiconductor, flat panel display, solar photovoltaic and related industries.Request Video of AMAT
Already a member? Sign in here.
- May 17th, 2018 - 2018 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 48.60 31.55%
- $USD 78.41 15.52%
- $USD 6.79 13.70%
- $USD 7.64 -36.63%
- $USD 21.91 -36.11%
- $USD 23.90 -32.69%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 53,900 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (53,900) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!