Acacia Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:ACIA)
Old Forum Content for ACIAMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- efrain007: $ACIA for the short term/swing traders......been playing this the last couple of weeks. Buying near rising trend line and selling around 48. At a good buy point today.
- bRobert: $LITE $AAOI $ACIA $RHT All perky
- cmac: $ACIA a much hated, former momo stock, is building a nice base. Trading at its 50sma, which has turned up for the first time in nearly a year. Not a typical SMM type stock patern, but I thought it might be worth mentioning.
- issues: Since I sold $AAOI at a loss less than a month ago I don't want to get nicked with Wash Sale Rule. So in the same IBD group are these: $ACIA $LITE $OCLR ... I bought a starter in LITE. I like the chart.
- Suz: @issues $AAOI $ACIA $LITE $OCLR $OCLR has two potential bidders.
- bRobert: $acia $TTD $SWIR $VEEV acia low risk entry/ add. stop below 50d. the other 3 amigos on breakout watch Good bases.
- bRobert: $ACIA . $TTD $SWIR $VEEV ACIA Good counter trend move after capitulation low. Long calls. TTD VEEV SWIR All loaded and waiting to fire.
- bRobert: $LITE . $FNSR . $ACIA $OCLR + pin action other optical players
- bRobert: $ACIA Counter trend trade. All bad news out Issues addressed. Capitulation low 38.90 . Positive technical divergences.
- issues: @bRobert $ACIA Right but its still in the penalty box. Keep a close stop.
- MM: $OCLR $FNSR $NPTN $INFN $ACIA $AAOI Opto-Comps at the highs...
- BocaRick: $ACIA down as much as 9% PM, expects lower earnings. Yesterday $AAOI raised sector on expectations. $LITE and $OCLR down on early trading
- audrina0904: @Sher $SGY $RES $LCI $SHAK $ACIA $CZR $BOOT $ASPS $CRR $AAOI $BOFI $GNC $FRED $UBNT $MNKD $HOS $RH $BGFV $SPKE $SSI $BANC $CAR $NTNX $SRG $JCP Wow, I have been trading $RES each time it would tag the 200dma and its been successful...Amazing to me that I completely ignored the fact that it is so universally shorted...I was just trading probability...If Oil breaks out of this duldrum, I may make $RES a core so to speak.
- Sher: Forgive my lack of spreadsheet skills! Top 25 short interest stocks - 6-27-17 Exchge. / Short Int./ Float / Outstanding $SGY - NYSE 59.78% 967K 20.00M $RES - NYSE 57.72% 57.83M 217.78M $LCI - NYSE 52.86% 27.90M 37.23M $SHAK - NYSE 50.61% 18.37M 25.69M $ACIA - Nasdaq 47.95% 16.96M 38.64M $CZR - Nasdaq 47.47% 54.23M 148.72M $BOOT - NYSE 47.44% 12.81M 26.55M $ASPS - Nasdaq 47.00% 9.18M 18.43M $CRR - NYSE 46.99% 19.82M 27.14M $AAOI - Nasdaq 46.51% 17.92M 19.00M $BOFI - Nasdaq 45.66% 55.79M 63.39M $GNC - NYSE 44.46% 66.44M 68.40M $FRED - Nasdaq 44.34% 35.58M 38.05M $UBNT - Nasdaq 43.11% 22.94M 80.27M $MNKD - Nasdaq 42.71% 60.42M 101.01M $HOS - NYSE 42.33% 31.39M 36.77M $RH - NYSE 42.17% 30.72M 33.15M $BGFV - Nasdaq 40.82% 20.63M 22.15M $SPKE - Nasdaq 40.58% 5.53M 6.49M $SSI - NYSE 40.55% 23.47M 27.35M $BANC - NYSE 40.00% 46.08M 49.98M $CAR - Nasdaq 39.40% 82.26M 84.24M $NTNX - Nasdaq 39.30% 31.34M 49.23M $SRG - NYSE 39.12% 25.39M 28.17M $JCP - NYSE 38.36% 288.63M 309.80M
- shoredriver: @Sher $SGY $RES $LCI $SHAK $ACIA $CZR $BOOT $ASPS $CRR $AAOI $BOFI $GNC $FRED $UBNT $MNKD $HOS $RH $BGFV $SPKE $SSI $BANC $CAR $NTNX $SRG $JCP Thanks for posting...
- JBed: $ACIA just broke through resistance that has held for about a month - added to position. This is after it put in a triple bottom over the past couple of months.
- JBed: $ACIA up 8% and looks like it put in a triple bottom.
- Robert1965: @JBed $ACIA I saw that too waiting for 49.60 to bee hit
- champ: $DY $INFN $LITE $INFN $CIEN $NPTN $ACIA...____ $OCLR up about 9% I'm holding this one also, along with $DY. A bear Rosenblatt turned positive today....on opticals and they are now moving up. -------- Also position News coming out of China on Optical stocks.
- shoredriver: $ACIA low on earnings and guidance....ouch....thankfully np...
- tri2insite: $ACIA moving. .?news. Maybe a good entry. NP yet.
- inthesticks: @spmeyers $AAOI $LITE Check $ACIA ..
- tradeforfamily: $ACIA is actually above the 50 days now. Almost back at level before the last earnings report. MACD turn green the last couple days.
- judysteiner: $ACIA $AMZN
- cmac: @cmac $ACIA Nice follow through this morning on good volume.
- cmac: $ACIA struggling with resistance at the earnings gap. But there are some positives...4 days of higher low. Holding at its 50sma. 20sma turning upwards. PEG ratio .6 which may represent some value. I've taken starter position, with pretty tight stop on this serial disappointer.
- bsafriet: $AAOI $LITE $FNSR $MTSI VIAV $NPTN $ACIA $ANET $FN $IPHI $OCLR Optical group movers today: $AAOI 58.89 +3.87, $LITE 54.10 .60, $FNSR 28.55 0.19, $MTSI 45.28 0.31, $VIAV 10.78 0.06, $NPTN 9.31 0.05, $ACIA 56.71 0.02 Optical group losers today: $ANET 131.32 -0.445, $FN 43.14 -0.30, $IPHI. 46.43 -0.40, $OCLR 9.95 - 0.16
- BocaRick: @bnnybklyn $LITE I bought a little today, there is a "Opticals" exhibition this week so, $LITE $OCLR $FNSR $INFN and even $ACIA could get some good headlines.
- issues: @indigo1948 $OCLR Is in the IBD category #37 tele-fiber optics group. Also in this group are: $AAOI $LITE $FNSR $CIEN $ACIA. But in IBD group #3 are $AEIS $AMAT $LRCX. Group 3 is a higher order group (eaec-semiconductor equip group). So we bought $LITE & $AAOI bought a quarter of a position since it's coming down, but we think it'll turn back in a day or so.) AAOI looks like a flag pattern.
- champ: $OCLR @ $8.50...they will be at a conference tomorrow....stock dropped on soft guidance from $ACIA on 2/21...dropped the sector....back in this morning and I'm looking for a bounce in the next few days....I would like to see them update and raise guidance tomorrow....that would bounce the stock...for sure...I'm guessing.
- indigo1948: @champ $OCLR $ACIA - with you on OCLR - in with a full position and looking for a bounce - fundamentals are quite good.
- inthesticks: @champ $OCLR $ACIA I've been in and out of $OCLR for a few weeks now and it's been very frustrating. Can't seem to get any traction and now it's broken the last reversal low of $8.50 on 2/27. I fear it's going to $8.
- mopick: @inthesticks $OCLR $ACIA Same here, took a bath in this stock, especially after the fiasco with $FNSR. Looking really weak again today as $8.00 level looms.
- phgruver: @mopick $OCLR $ACIA $FNSR The character of $OCLR changed on 2/22 when the big boys began dumping it (heavy volume on down days). Don't try to catch a falling knife. 8 is good support, but wait for the bounce.
- mopick: @phgruver $OCLR $ACIA $FNSR Agreed, also watching $FNSR which was aggressively defended today by Raymond James analyst, for what it's worth. Took at 23% beating on Friday.
- champ: @phgruver $OCLR $ACIA $FNSR --- Had a small bounce at support but the stock turned and is now trying to bounce again at around that same level...I got back in this morning and I'm watching....be aware....if.... they saying anything positive tomorrow at that conference, this stock will bounce. Also remember they issues upside guidance on 1/31 on their earnings call...so, I believe that they will be reaffirming guidance and might even boost it up a little more, if revenues have improved within the last 42 days, since their last update on guidance that was on 1/31. They will be protecting their stock price....is my guess....and they know that all the traders/investors will be watching....make no mistake about that....and they do not want their stock to drop any further.
- spmeyers: @phgruver $OCLR $ACIA $FNSR my thoughts exactly!
- cmaxwel1: @Bridget $GDX $UUP $ULTA $MTN $FIZZ $SHLD $WLDN $FNSR $ACIA $OCLR $PAY $ZUMZ $IBB $ABBV $VRTX $AMGN $MDT $KITE $TTPH $AUPH $XLK $SMH $AMD $AVGO $ATHM $AEIS $LRCX $SWKS $VEEV $MRVL $RMP $ZIOP $HOG $PII $T $AON $HTZ $RH $PANW (big volume on $PANW). Adding on monday
$FNSR - broke down on earnings and draggin other down too $ACIA $OCLR
$PAY - back to the 50MA after earnings
$ZUMZ - another retailer taking it on the chin
$IBB - biotech uptoday. Here are some stocks that are working. $ABBV $VRTX $AMGN $MDT $KITE ...
- wijimmy: $ACIA the JACK this morning on Friday ?? Down 15% plus earnings didn't sound that bad...
- inthesticks: @wijimmy $ACIA Wasn't earnings... it was the forward guidance ... lower EPS and revs than expected.
- wijimmy: @inthesticks $ACIA 2016 Earnings were Very Good and beat ACIA expectations but reading on i did see the lower eps and guidance... Thank You Sir .... I think -16% is an OVER Reaction and this looks like its holding the 52.50 line in extended and worth a trade
- traderbren: $STZ and $ACIA - bid off the bottom this AM. In both.
- nchamberlain: @dan $acia is there a trade recommendation for this?
- Bridget: @nchamberlain $acia I would stay away from this for now. Two failed breaks of this downtrend and at the 3 month low. You could sell some OTM puts or calls if the liquidity is good, cause I think this is going to hold for a bit. Other than that, no way of knowing which direction it will go next.
- inthesticks: $ACIA Down 18% on ER ... no wonder $OCLR gapped down to $9 in AH
- judysteiner: $ACIA 59 MIN TRADE @DAN --STILL IN
- TCW23: @judysteiner $ACIA it's still moving!
- Jones: Note, yesterday, IPO's on the move. Check recent % move on $acia, $twlo, $fn, $cc and others, people are chasing. Draw your own conclusions.
- champ: $ACIA ....working...for now.
- champ: $MBLY ....still working.... finalizes VW contract....but ....OUT.....1/2 now.....also ...OUT ....$ACIA near the hi....
- dngrisk: @champ $ACIA Seems like a pretty solid break above the 50, though it did the same thing Jan 24, and that didn't work out so well. Rest of the space is working pretty good, with just a couple flat to down. Would be nice if the $SPY was a little more supportive ... maybe Janet will say something that gives it a little juice.
- champ: @dngrisk $ACIA $SPY --- My plan was a fast swing trade on $ACIA and I did catch $4... with 1/2 size ...so for now I'm out for now...but watching ....need to hear what the lady has to say....
- dngrisk: @champ $ACIA $SPY Well played, Mauer! Same swing trade for me, but I'm white knuckling the Chair's Q & A. Not really, but still riding the breakout with a trailing stop, so still in RHRN. We'll see how long it lasts.
- champ: $ACIA ....Still squeezing ...posted yesterday ...sold near the hi this morning...but back watching.....and still holding $NVDA and it's HOD RHRN
- champ: $ACIA @ $60.50 --- Stock is squeezing ....short interest appx 18%....I'm new long..
- dngrisk: @champ $ACIA Nice trade. Probably just mentioning something you are well aware of, but the 50 served as resistance in Jan when it looked like a breakout. Small loss for me then, so "hoping" it can break above the 50 and hold this time!
- champ: @dngrisk $ACIA --- You know the laggers...should hold these levels and slowly start to move higher along with the markets. Earnings are on 2/23/AH's ....should move up going into earnings...they beat last time by 22% on 11/10 ...9/30 was flat and on their IPO earnings they reported a very nice beat of $161%.
- dngrisk: @champ $ACIA Yep. I sold $LITE and others at what I thought were top roll overs .... not! Meanwhile, until today, $ACIA has been sucking their tailpipes. Would be nice to see it have a nice run like the rest of the fiber optic space!
- champ: $SPX $XLF $CMG $TWLO -- #MyTradingStyle...The markets are still working...but it's all about entries..entries..entries and then holding and waiting for news....that moves the markets or your stock and sometimes you need your diving gear... so you ca ...
- champ: $ACIA @ $54.85 ...new 7 month low.....
- champ: $LITE $36 -- Could be time to get back in this stock ...Off of $OCLR earnings....I'm new swing long........ take a look at $ACIA also because of $OCLR.
- champ: $ACIA @ $63.40 ---- Strong bounce up over 5% now...off of $OCLR earnings....I'm holding a position....posted earlier under $LITE which has now dropped off the Hi ....
- issues: @champ $ACIA $OCLR $LITE We still hold small positions in $LITE and $FNSR. $OCLR gave strong forward guidance. Earnings isn't until 1/31.
- champ: $ACIA j at conference and they presented (reported) nothing really new and for that reason the stock is dropping... I'm reading ...down over 6% now...NP but watching.
- JBed: $ACIA Any news on this that would explain the drop of almost 11% today? No position, just wondering.
- Bridget: @JBed $ACIA They presented at a conference today and apparently they didn't like what they heard. Also heard about some insider selling. This stock has also been in a downtrend since Sep 2016. But this move looks overdone and we will likley see an oversold bounce soon. But not a reason to buy for a downtrending stock.
- JBed: @Bridget $ACIA Thanks for the reply. I've been allergic to this ticker since last fall.
- Bridget: Telecom is up but fiber optic networks appear to be down amd getting sold. These haven't found a bottom yet: $VZ $S $T $TMUS $TWLO $ACIA $FN $LITE $OCLR
- issues: @Bridget $VZ $S $T $TMUS $TWLO $ACIA $FN $LITE $OCLR Unfortunately we still hold LITE. Sold FN today. Cramer needs to pump this sector again like he did a couple of weeks ago. Cramer preferred $CIEN (a dog?)
- issues: @champ $XLF $XLK $CRM $ACIA $WB $WDC $STX $IBM $TWLO Champ are you shorting any stocks?
- issues: @champ $TWLO $ACIA $WB $IBM $STX $WDC Champ thanks for your posts. I appreciate your willingness to share the good info. I think you have had a really good year, investing like you do. Anyone, you buying $WB makes me hesitate to sell it. Maybe I should buy more...
- champ: @issues $TWLO $ACIA $WB $IBM $STX $WDC - On @ $41.25 $WB ....I'm still holding a position and I sold 1/2 awhile ago....and at this time it's not looking good ...but I'm watching this $41 - $40 level ....which could be at or real close to the bottom....I will be adding at some point. The stock had an upgrade on 12/12 with a target of $62 at CLSA but that doesn't really mean all that much to me...but like I said I'm watching and waiting to add a New good size position...to this small swing position that I'm holding. LOL
- champ: $ACIA @ $65.62 on the close - A lot of zig-zags today on most all stocks....this one dropped around $3.40 from the flash high....also $WDC and others that I have positions on....traders are really nervous ....taking profits on part or all ...when they have them.
- shoredriver: @champ $ACIA LOL ...I was waiting for someone to post they think it is a vol squeeze and ready to break out RHRN.....
- champ: @shoredriver $ACIA --- Yes, thats what I was thinking but it turned..
- champ: @barbjim12 $TWLO --- Their is news in few of it's peers....these are a few but you need to watch the sector.... $ACIA $CIEN $OCLR $LITE
- champ: $ACIA @ $66.50 - They are at a BoA / Merrill Lynch Technology Conference today and yesterday they were at the Cowen Cybersecurity Conference...they have products in the Cyber sector...they are a provider of coherent interconnect products for communications networks that relied upon the cloud infrastructure operators. I'm watching and waiting to add to my position...but I really don't know when thats going to happen....could be any day...I'm just waiting on news.... about new upgrades....coming out of these conferences... in the coming days.
- champ: $ACIA @ $66 - Watching this stock closely now ....the stock seems to be dropping for no real reason ....I can't find anything...if anyone has anything ...please post. They will be at the Cowen and Company Networking and Cybersecurity Conference tomorrow Wednesday 12/14 and also at the BofA Merrill Lynch SMID Cap Technology Conference on Thursday 12/15 with presentations at both. These conferences usually bounces the stock....because of the new presentations....but the stock is dropping today. I don't think that these traders even know about these conferences or they know about something that I don't know..... I'm watching for entry.
- champ: $ACIA @ $67 --- Bounce Candidate ---- Will be at.... the Cowen and Company Networking & Cybersecurity Conference Summit on Wednesday 12/14....I'm looking for a bounce with a new presentation.....New Spec swing long with 3/4 size....
- champ: $PII $GS $TNA $FAS $SMG...scaled out of these day trades earlier....$WAB $ACIA $MPEL..Out both took profits...$TWLO stopped out at entry again.
- champ: @Aragorn $TWLO - I got back - in 12/2 @ around $31 and I also got back in $ACIA @ around $65 and posted after selling earlier the same day on ACIA...I posted some tech info....under the heading $XLF - $XLK is a tech ETF on 12/2.
- champ: $TWLO @ $31.20 - I'm also holding this new Spec swing position from Friday on the close....because of entry.... that I thought could be around the low.. Other new tech positions from Thursday/Friday....that I posted about were ... $ACIA, $WB, $IBM, $STX and this zig-zager $WDC that I'm now thinking about adding.... RHRN. I also posted that I thought tech ....was starting to turn-back up and could maybe start a new leg higher.
- champ: $ACIA @ $65.50 - All tech is really oversold ... going in for a Spec day trade...would like to swing 1/2.
- champ: $ACIA out 1/2 on the close for about +$1.25....will look at it again on Monday....I think tech could be turning
- champ: $XLF - $XLK - I really do think that sell the tech stocks and buy financial trade.... could be slowly winding down and could be mostly over. I saw tech names bouncing a little off the low today...like $CRM and others....but have to see what happens on Monday. I'm now swinging a couple of new positions but only 1/3 size... for now in... $ACIA and $WB but I'm hoping to add on Monday. I'm also swinging $WDC $STX and $IBM from yesterday. I'm reading and seeing traders slowly move into tech stocks. I'm not saying that they are selling financials....I'm only saying that traders are now starting to move back into tech stocks in a small way and I'm doing exactly that. I'm also watching many tech stocks for entry now...$TWLO and I have a list. EveryOne have a Great Weekend!
- tradeforfamily: $ACIA Getting a bid today.
- champ: @bigbartabs - #THOUGHTS? @MarketsPositionSize....My thoughts on $TWLO is....kinda the same as we were posting about on 11/16 @ around that $35 price level...that this is still a hold... for me because I'm waiting for the shorts to start covering but ...
- Aragorn: @champ $TWLO $ACIA #THOUGHTS #Patiences Champ this just feels like that trickle up market and just moving higher
- issues: @normr $LN I guess we took a liking to this one because of the fundamentals. We still hold our initial position at where the price is now. We put this into the "maybe" long term holds. We also own $GIMO $TWLO $ACIA $EDU...
- normr: @issues $LN $GIMO $TWLO $ACIA $EDU - Thanks !
- issues: @Aragorn $TWLO We bought 1/2 position this morning. Cramer mentioned $TWLO and $ACIA. He said he preferred TWLO.
$ACIA and $TWLO - both starting to work
$CCJ - broke the downtrend and is now trending higher. These trades are working lately
$ADSK - new all time high, going into earnings on 11/29
$HZNP - moving averages are all grouped together and this is movin ...
- Bridget: Notes: $ZBRA - big move on earnings today. Extended on the daily but not on the weekly $CARA - seeing really good volume on this recent rally and now holding above $10 $TWLO - done going down and making a strong move today $ACIA - also starting to look done going down, now trading sideways $BGNE - ipo new high $VEEV - moving higher into earnings next week $CRC - nice move off the 200MA. wait for pullback and watch the weekly chart $CEQP - coming out of squeeze on the weekly $XLE - getting close to breaking out of this trading range $TLND and $NTNX - both ipos that are starting to form a new uptrend on the daily $ABX $NEM - second day of this bounce in gold. keep in mind the overall trend is still down. Only play the up for a swing trade.
- Lavrock: $ACIA - earnings tonight and end of lockup period yesterday for 4,500,000 shares.
- coldevinc: @Lavrock $ACIA going to hold shares over earnings, with a trailing stop. I expect a gap and crap
- shoredriver: $ACIA run into earnings on Thurs.
- issues: @shoredriver $ACIA Thanks. Bought a starter position. Last time they crushed earnings. Looking for a come back on ACIA!!
- janner0814: @DAN ......lol I've #ALWAYS thought I had an "inner DAN....." .... or perhaps it's the "inner counsel" that "still runs #STRONG in you, that at one time burned passionately in another profession, seeking to mitigate fresh wounds between "parties of nonconcurrence" ..... whatever the case.... #goodstuff.... #buildingBRIDGES I have a feeling that I will eventually be "there" where you've "profiled me at ....time heals all...." Thanks for #perhaps..... reading my inner thoughts.... I may and #perhaps will be there one day...... for as we sometimes know #timeHEALSall @Gary $STMP $SPX $DJI $DJT $COMPQX $GOOGL $AAPL $AMZN $NFLX $XME $DJUSST $NUE $SCHN $GLD $GDX $FCX $NEM $ABX $USO $VLO $PSX $SWHC $SWKS $CMG $FN $LN $TWLO $ACIA $LITE #NOTES
|Stock Price||$USD 26.29|
Acacia Communications Inc is engaged in delivering coherent optical interconnect products that transform communications networks, relied upon by cloud infrastructure operators and content and communication service providers.Request Video of ACIA
Already a member? Sign in here.
- May 3rd, 2018 - 2018 Q1 Earnings
- May 10th, 2018 - 2018 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 7.79 19.48%
- $USD 64.92 13.36%
- $USD 168.01 8.33%
- $USD 26.38 -45.53%
- $USD 10.65 -18.78%
- $USD 59.12 -15.63%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 55,000 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (55,000) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!