ABIOMED Inc. (NASDAQ:ABMD)
Old Forum Content for ABMDMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- woodman: $ABMD - extended but seems to be onto the next leg in slo-mo.
- bRobert: @woodman $ABMD This and EW holding hands up the mountain. Both provide unique solutions to serious heart problems. Used every day in most major medical centers. EW provides minimally invasive heart valve replacement with fewer complications and significant cost reductions compared to open heart procedures. Patients go home the next day.
- captron: $ABMD - Blue Sky Territory
- woodman: $ABMD cruising.
- captron: $ABMD - Approaching its all time high on good volume.
- woodman: @captron - #MedicalDevices - $ABMD - loving it! $ALGN awakening as well, but needs to get up through 50 day. $ISRG has moved up through the 50 and now the 8.
- champ: @woodman $ABMD $ALGN $ISRG #MedicalDevices ---- Yes and we are never happy, we all want and expect more.
- shoredriver: @woodman $ABMD $ALGN $ISRG #MedicalDevices $ISRG....nibbling....
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD $ALGN $ISRG #MedicalDevices Two FDA expansions in 2 days didn't hurt ABMD.
- captron: @woodman $ABMD $ALGN $ISRG #MedicalDevices I did nibble on $ALGN this morning. At least its on my big radar now. Thanks for your thoughts yesterday.
- spmeyers: $ABMD nearing resistance with good momentum
- sierramp: @woodman $ABMD $ALGN $ISRG #MedicalDevices $ALGN is up through the 50 day now.
- gwenzee: @spmeyers $ABMD $253.13 was all time closing high. If ABMD closes there, or above, there won't be any resistance. Nothing but Blue Sky. I don't see any resistance in this chart. Am wondering why you see it.
- gwenzee: @Woodman $ABMD How prophetic that a heart pump reaches an ATH on Valentine's Day.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD -That's funny.
- optionswealth: @gwenzee $ABMD Made me chuckle.
- ROSEY: @gwenzee $ABMD : )
- gwenzee: @ROSEY $ABMD You know it.
16. $ABMD – medical devices moving higher.
17. $ALGN – still rangebound...but tradable bounce at $220. (GSL holding)
18. $ISRG – very choppy, but some like it here. Support at $380.
19. $GRUB – Favorable trial verdict...no ...
- captron: @woodman Have you compared $ALGN with $ABMD for your long term hold. I wrestled with this for awhile but when $ALGN took the big hit last week, my mind was pretty much made up. Just curious.
- issues: @captron $ALGN $ABMD I like the chart of $ABMD better (holding a small position) than ALGN. $ANET is the best (but sorry to say NP) headed to $300. We added to $ALXN yesterday (probably a mistake) when you look at $CELG. There's always $GILD! ALXN reported 2/8 so it's safe in that episode.
- captron: @issues $ALGN $ABMD $ANET $ALXN $CELG $GILD I agree. Several of my long terms were hit last week so its time to turn some over and I have been shopping for bargains. Charts tell the real story in my mind and with the big sell off last week in $ALGN, I see a lot of pain overhead. Thanks
- woodman: @captron $ALGN $ABMD - I have $ABMD and have had it for some time. It's a staple of my long term holdings at this point. @gwenzee and I discuss it fairly frequently, as she got me into the stock in the first place. $ALGN was one I held for a while, but sold. It's a buy back at this point.
- gwenzee: @woodman $ALGN $ABMD Abiomed received expanded FDA approval for indications for peripartum and postpartum cardiopathy with cardiogenic shock. So why is it down slightly today? It's little heart pump just keeps pumping along for the most part.
- woodman: Some for the "of interest" list: $ISRG $SQ $SRPT $NOAH $SPR $IPGP $ABMD
- DAN: #IBD50 List (as of 2/12/18): $ABMD $ADBE $AMTD $ANET $ASML $BABA $BOFI $BR $CADE $CAMP $CASA $CMA $CPRT $DQ $EW $FIVE $FND $GRUB $HQY $HTHT $IBKR $IPGP $ISRG $LOGM $LPLA $MA $MDXG $MSCI $MTOR $NFLX $NOW $NVDA $PANW $PETS $PRAH $RHT $SFM $SGH $SING $SIVB $SKX $SNV $SPGI $STMP $TEAM $TRU $TSS $VNOM $WAL $WB $WING
- champ: @CHOFF $ABMD $AAPL ---- On long term positions....investors sell for many different reasons, on a stock that is profitable, why sell. Most would only sell on a major market correction or at whatever target they have pick-out. Many might sell for pers ...
- debeers: $ABMD-Yay you, Gwenzee!!
- debeers: @GOOSE $NKTR -Mommy owns only 2 biotechs: $ABMD & $NKTR. $NKTR was blind squirrel finds nut. The second was from Gwenzee who actually knows what she's talking about. Thanks so much for picking up your clothes! And love your haircut.Mommy
- woodman: $ABMD @gwenzee - nice day for this one. It did well on earnings and guidance. I held a largish position over earnings and sighing a bit of relief. Some others I held over gave me a gut punch.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD Ha, we posted at nearly the same time! Congrats!
- gwenzee: @Woodman @Debeers $ABMD Can you believe it has been less than a month since we wondered if this baby would hit $200 and hold? Congrats to us!!!
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD Most that I have held over earnings have been good to me. Most, not all. Waiting for $AAPL. My cost basis is $12 but I will still be unhappy if guides lower. It is my largest position.
- Alexander: @woodman $ABMD @gwenzee Hats off to you .....I hope for many more
- woodman: @Alexander $ABMD - @gwenzee got me in it; credit goes to her. I simply bought and held.
- CHOFF: @gwenzee $ABMD $AAPL - your cost basis for $AAPL is 12? You've owned it for 10 years if that is the case. I'm in a similar situation. At what point or target would you be motivated to sell $AAPL?
- gwenzee: @CHOFF $ABMD $AAPL Bought it in 2009. My heirs can decide what to do with it.
- CHOFF: @gwenzee $ABMD $AAPL - I suppose in that case you don't care what the guidance is.
- gwenzee: @CHOFF $ABMD $AAPL I always care about what the guidance is or isn't. I just will not sell based on it. There is a big difference.
- gwenzee: $ABMD Reports tomorrow BMO. Pretty flat today. Yesterday printed an inverted hammer with a long tail. 18 point range. Probably scared out some weak hands. Last report on 10/26 started a beautiful run. Expecting similar results. LTH
- gwenzee: $ABMD ATH was $239.92 and AT closing high $236.42. Company issued preliminary Q3 FY 2018 revenue of $154 million, up 34% over prior year. 2018 guidance upgraded to $582 million (31%) from prior $565-575 million.
- issues: @gwenzee $ABMD stock price doesn't reflect that good news. Maybe tomorrow. NP but want to buy on dip.
- gwenzee: @issues $ABMD Prelim figures were released 1/8 prior to JPM Healthcare Conf. in SF. Stock didn't start to move until 1/12. Remember these are estimates not in stone. But, patient usage is also accelerating.
- issues: Wondering what to do with my $EDU? Missed earnings.14 to.27 a 43% miss. I've had it a long time but maybe its time to dump it. I know it's broken but soon as I sell someone will write about what a great buy it is. Thoughts? Earnings scheduled for $LRCX $VRTX $WDC $URI $UTX on $Wednesday. Thursday it's $ABMD $CELG $PYPL $CAT $UNP $FCX
- optionswealth: @issues $EDU $LRCX $VRTX $WDC $URI $UTX $Wednesday $ABMD $CELG $PYPL $CAT $UNP $FCX If you're truly done with it, sell calls close to the price it is, say Feb 90's and let it get called away, if it doesn't and it continues toward the 200 day, do it again. Feb calls are 24 days to expiration and if it falls faster than you expect, you can roll them down for additional premium while trying to get called away.
- gwenzee: @DeBeers @Woodman $ABMD Leerink Swann raised target price from $200-$265 with an "ourperform" rating. Current price is $228.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - I saw that Gwen. It's not hurting the stock. :-)
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD You are soooo on top of everything. Been busy with Truly Nolen tech who was here to check on past rodent problems so just saw the news.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - on top of everything? Sure, like selling $JUNO the day it moves up 45% in the after-hours? I was on top of that alright.
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD $JUNO $INCY That's why I'm holding on to INCY. I know as soon as I kick it to the well deserved curb, someone will make them an offer they can't refuse. My "Hope" strategy.
- woodman: $ABMD $ISRG $ALGN - med devices, to name a few.
- debeers: $ABMD-Well, Woodie, seemed like it got to $200 after all. Thanks, Gwennie!
- woodman: @debeers $ABMD - in high style. I thought it may take some more work to get through 200, but I held it and let the charts do the deciding. $ISRG doing the same thing at a similar type of resistance. Held that too. $ALGN doing the same thing now.
- gwenzee: @Woodman $ABMD Our work horse is doing well today. Another high. Time to raise those target prices??? Reports 2/1 BMO.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - I actually had to give myself a little hair cut. My position had become too big. Now wondering if I should just have let my hair grow longer and longer. But, on the whole, not a bad problem to have. I still have plenty of hair on the dome with this one.
- gwenzee: @Woodman $ABMD Jeffries raised its target price to $250.00 Sold 1/2 of my position last year....should have added instead. Go, baby, go.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - always finding a way to undermine ourselves. Sigh. Still, you've done quite well. Congrats. And thanks again for turning me onto this one some time ago!
- woodman: @gotoguy $AMBD - you mean $ABMD? You're welcome, but the thanks should go to @gwenzee who got me into the stock some time ago.
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD You are most welcome. Another Gwennie's Gemmies: $ONCE. Take a look at what I wrote yesterday and today. Could be a winner. And, heaven forbid, it could be a loser.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD $ONCE - I bought ONCE on the huge drop, near the bottom. I sold it the other day. I was over my self-imposed biotech allotment.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD $ONCE #Biotech- my current biotechs are $HALO $ESPR $SRPT $BLUE and, recently on the pullback, $JUNO.
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD $ONCE $HALO $ESPR $SRPT $BLUE $JUNO #Biotech- You are doing well, my friend. Had SRPT and JUNO and BLUE at one time. Sold all and never bought back in. Today I'm holding ABMD, $CYRX, $OMER, $ONCE $INCY and $PBYI. Some of these look like an E-ride at Disneyland. Hope springs eternal.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD $ONCE $HALO $ESPR $SRPT $BLUE $JUNO $CYRX $OMER $INCY $PBYI #Biotech- PBYI may be coming to life again. I can't figure out INCY, but, fwiw, it's pulled all the way back to the 200 week. Maybe it will start to play nicely again. I'll send you some positive vibes. :-)
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD $ONCE $HALO $ESPR $SRPT $BLUE $JUNO $CYRX $OMER $INCY $PBYI #Biotech- In the past had made some good $$$ on INCY. It is an old friend who has forgotten me. It still has a great pipeline and there has got to be a pony in there some place.
- gwenzee: @Woodman $ABMD ABMD, ABMD, ABMD
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - yes, indeed. :-)
- gwenzee: $ABMD @Woodman Finally over $200. 'Bout time.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD :-) One of my largest positions at the moment.
- woodman: $ABMD has had a gentle pullback to the rising 50 day. More of a sideways stroll than a pullback. Now showing some spunk within the squeeze here at the 50 day. I'm still holding a sizable position. I suspect @Gwnezee is still holding her position as well. ;-)
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD Always like to hold winners.
- woodman: $ABMD squeeze at 50 day.
- jetace: $BXMT $BNS $APH $AMGN $BWXT $DXC $ADNT $MRK $ABMD $ORBK $AXTA $COHR $ACET $GRMN $WB I run a scan looking for stocks at/near 50MA in a squeeze or in a tight BB. These all had interesting patterns, some for watching others might be actionable depending on today;s open. Happy New Year to all
- gwenzee: @Woodman $ABMD In case you missed this, Jeffries raised stock to a "Buy" and raised target price from $205 to $220.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - thanks. I hadn't seen it.
- issues: @woodman $ABMD Also I see $ANET got raised by Stifle Nicolaus target $270
- woodman: $ABMD - not a bad spot. I've just been holding it and remain loaded up.
COTD: $ABMD – drifted back to $190 on light volume. Buyable here, with a stop around $185.
$SPX – looks like sell the news event. Factoring in the fact that the tax cut was already factored in. Ask yourself, “How can things get ...
- gwenzee: $ABMD On its way to $200. LTH
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - I bought back heavily on its return to near the 50 day.
- woodman: $ABMD - I bought this back last week. It continues to reverse back up after drifting back to the 50d. Uptrend still intact.
- issues: @woodman $ABMD any stop in place? How confident are you? That is to say how big a position are you holding?
- woodman: $ABMD - I started buying this back yesterday. Looks to be in a decent area.
- woodman: $ABMD is looking good here.
- woodman: $ABMD - put it on your list.
- spmeyers: @woodman $ABMD thanks; 50-day looks pretty solid
- Motorman: @Woodman $ABMD Seems to be holding above gap from Oct 31
- numbers: There is a lot of ways to look at data. The report column are: ticker, no days above 20d sma for the last 200 days, growth for 200 days, relative price using the 200 day high/low, ATH (1000 day look back) or 200 day high. $ALGN 194 164 0.98 $CBOE 188 49 0.99 $AABA 185 63 0.95 $BABA 183 85 0.93 $GDOT 182 136 0.9 $PYPL 182 93 0.96 ATH $ISRG 182 68 0.96 ATH $NOVT 180 128 0.96 $IPGP 180 109 0.99 ATH $VRSN 180 39 0.99 ATH $ANET 178 145 0.99 ATH $TRU 177 70 0.98 ATH $MA 176 40 0.94 $TCEHY 175 97 0.99 ATH $RHT 174 62 0.99 $FAF 174 42 0.9 $ADBE 172 59 0.97 $PENN 170 93 0.97 $CGNX 169 103 0.99 $ABMD 169 85 0.96 $JOBS 169 74 0.91 $MCD 169 34 0.91 $TTWO 168 118 0.96 $WK 168 73 0.86 $SBAC 168 57 0.92 *I am not good at split handling, also my vendor may have not been tracking the stock from the issue date so ATH may not match the real data. I do the same report sorted by growth rate. I also do the same report for the last 100days and 50days.
- woodman: $ABMD @gwenzee - already extended and getting more so as it moves up out of a flag. All time high.
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD Nice one.
- gwenzee: @captron $EXAS This is Debeers stock. Unfortunately I never bought it. Please give Debeers all of the credit for a great call. I touted $ABMD, $SQ and $LYV.
- gwenzee: $APTI $ABMD My babies are doing well today. Go, Go.
- gwenzee: @Woodman @Issues @Debeers $ABMD One of our favs reported great numbers and stock continues to climb. Ttl rev. grew 29%, sales up 30%, Gr. margin-84%, EPS beat by $.07 to $.44. Additionally, ABMD has 319 million in cash and no debt. But, the best news was that the first patient was treated with the Impella pump in Japan. Granted that their diet is more healthlful than ours and their population is less but I think the over 65 group is larger % wise.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD great stuff, Gwen! I thought that big dip on Wednesday was a gift to anyone looking to enter or add. My position was already where I wanted it. Thanks for all of your posts on this one and getting me interested.
- gwenzee: @vscottg $NVDA Unlike Dan, I am not afraid to hold over earnings for the most part. Yes, sometimes I get hurt but recover in the long run. Look at these charts of recently reporting stocks that 1) I hold 2) I held over earnings this past week 3) only had a stop on $BSX and was stopped out today but it wasn't a LTH. $ABMD, $TRU, $FTV.
- issues: @spmeyers $ALRM me too! But then I am still holding small positions in $CELG and $ALXN too. I added to $ABMD! Looks strong! All three $CELG, $ALXN and $ABMD all beat on earnings ($CELG $1.88 to actual $1.91) (ALXN $1.33 to $1.44) - ABMD .37 to .44 actual! All three beat but two went down down down and only one went up. So I added to the the one that went up. I will add when I see the green day on the others.
- bsafriet: @issues $ALRM $CELG $ALXN $ABMD Are we gluttons for punishment or what (ie $CELG)?
- issues: added to $ICLR (institutional buying, BO of a long vol squeeze = strong as life!) Bought starter in $CTRL (stop in place) and $MSCI. Added to $ABMD. Sold some $BIVV $YRD $KEM. Thanks for the excellent posts! You guy are the greatest. More brains working together means more combined wisdom!
- woodman: @issues $ABMD $ICLR $KEM - The dip in $ABMD yesterday, just before the earnings announcement, was a gift. $ICLR is today's gift. And $KEM, in my conjecturing opinion, will be a gift very soon, particularly if it gets to the 50 day. Earnings on 11/2. I still have a small amount as a reminder. And I may just buy more and hold through earnings, particularly if it gets down to the 50day. That will be a 17% pullback from last week, so that may be enough to think bad earnings are baked in. My thinking will evolve on KEM between now and then.
- woodman: $ABMD - has run a lot and is having its comeuppance today. Earnings are tomorrow before the open. This drop, giving up the entire last month of its move above resistance in September, may well offer a nice one to buy into (and hold through) earnings. It's back to the bottom BB now, and the 50 day is only another 2% lower.
- issues: @woodman $ABMD did you buy or put in a stop...?
|Stock Price||$USD 394.46|
Abiomed, Inc. is a provider of mechanical circulatory support devices and it offers a continuum of care in heart recovery to heart failure patients.Request Video of ABMD
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 26th, 2018 - 2019 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 13.83 64.86%
- $USD 394.46 29.72%
- $USD 317.04 25.53%
- $USD 39.65 -25.17%
- $USD 73.68 -17.36%
- $USD 16.35 -13.43%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 55,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (55,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!