ABIOMED Inc. (NASDAQ:ABMD)
Old Forum Content for ABMDMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- captron: $ABMD - Approaching previous resistance again. Lets see if it can break through and hold this time.
- gwenzee: @captron $ABMD My little heart pump stock is doing well. ATH was $304.28 ATCH was $300.28 and it is above that today. You're right, it would be nice if is held. GS has a buy rating and PT of $332.
- captron: @gwenzee $ABMD Thanks. I had not seen the new target. Its a long term hold for me. Just wish I could get $EW moving up in that direction.
- gwenzee: @captron $ABMD $EW I am holding ABMD for the long term also. It has a successful product, gaining users and doesn't seem to have competition. What more could you ask of a stock? Reminds me of ISRG years ago when I owned it.
- woodman: $ABMD - trying to move out of recent consolidation/high base. BBs expanding. A little more than average volume (50 day avg.) Next leg up on its way?
- gwenzee: @Woodman $ABMD Up 20 pts. in 3 days ain't bad. Are you still in this one? Once again looking at that $300 mark.
- captron: $EW - Following $ABMD. Guess they are tired of beating up the medical device stocks. Added.
- gwenzee: $ABMD Received European approval for Impella 5.5. First patient treated in Hamburg. Goldman initiated coverage with a $332 target. All good.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - Yes, I have some long term shares to which I added yesterday.
- Aragorn: IBD 50 see the attached jpeg for actionable signals for Monday . Here a re a few from the list actionable for not that have my attention - $ABMD - Hammer up looking for a continuation day trade above Thursdays high go long. $BOFI - 8ema support now a ...
Aragorn: I am finishing up my IBD50 list analysis and here are the outside week and ups that triggered and the huge moves some of thee made - $ABMD $GPN $LRCX$EW$GRUB $IBKR $ILMN $ISRG $LGND $MA $TSS
These 3 stocks went inside month and up $IPGP $WING $LGND ...
- woodman: $ALGN $ABMD - med devices working.
- woodman: Add $ISRG to the med devices working. $ALGN $ABMD
- gwenzee: @Woodman $ABMD And to think we were wondering if it would hold $200 just 2 months ago.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - okay, bump that to $300. :-) I trimmed a large position in $ABMD, mostly in February, but some before that, to re-balance my med device stocks along the way, having put money into $ALGN and $ISRG when folks seemed to sour on those. They had some decent dips that I used to build up those positions. They are working well enough. Those are the 3 medical device stocks I own, all in about equal $$ amounts now. $GMED would have been a nice 4th one. Woulda shoulda.
- captron: @woodman $ABMD $ALGN $ISRG $GMED Have been waiting for the pull back to the 21 sma on $GMED for entry.
- issues: @gwenzee $ABMD wow that is amazing!!
- gwenzee: @issues $ABMD Yep. Wish all of my holdings did that. Little heart pump keeps saving lives.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - I still can't believe it was only two months ago that it moved through $200. Looks like $300 may be here soon. I didn't buy until June last year (a double since then), and I took significant profits in late Jan. and Feb this year. Not nearly as significant as the profits you were able to take though because you've been in for a while. I do still have a decent position, though, even if trimmed back from its former size. Congrats, Gwen.
- gwenzee: @Woodman $ABMD Our baby reached ATH today. Will have 25 presentations at the ACC (American College of Cardiology ) this weekend. Do we see $300 on the horizon? Have taken profits along the way so don't feel too piggish. Corrected my typo to $300.
- captron: $ABMD - Taking some profits. Looks like its getting a little tired.
- gwenzee: $ABMD @Woodman ATH....again!!! Go baby. This is a double for me so far.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - Congrats, Gwen!!!
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - I have 3 med device stocks - $ABMD $ALGN $ISRG - they are functioning well on the whole.
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD Hope you are still in it.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - I am. The only bummer of sorts is that it became oversized, so I pared it down and built up the other two when they pulled back. But ABMD continues to outperform so I may have out-thunk myself by rebalancing so to speak.
- woodman: $ABMD - extended but seems to be onto the next leg in slo-mo.
- bRobert: @woodman $ABMD This and EW holding hands up the mountain. Both provide unique solutions to serious heart problems. Used every day in most major medical centers. EW provides minimally invasive heart valve replacement with fewer complications and significant cost reductions compared to open heart procedures. Patients go home the next day.
- captron: $ABMD - Blue Sky Territory
- woodman: $ABMD cruising.
- captron: $ABMD - Approaching its all time high on good volume.
- woodman: @captron - #MedicalDevices - $ABMD - loving it! $ALGN awakening as well, but needs to get up through 50 day. $ISRG has moved up through the 50 and now the 8.
- champ: @woodman $ABMD $ALGN $ISRG #MedicalDevices ---- Yes and we are never happy, we all want and expect more.
- shoredriver: @woodman $ABMD $ALGN $ISRG #MedicalDevices $ISRG....nibbling....
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD $ALGN $ISRG #MedicalDevices Two FDA expansions in 2 days didn't hurt ABMD.
- captron: @woodman $ABMD $ALGN $ISRG #MedicalDevices I did nibble on $ALGN this morning. At least its on my big radar now. Thanks for your thoughts yesterday.
- spmeyers: $ABMD nearing resistance with good momentum
- sierramp: @woodman $ABMD $ALGN $ISRG #MedicalDevices $ALGN is up through the 50 day now.
- gwenzee: @spmeyers $ABMD $253.13 was all time closing high. If ABMD closes there, or above, there won't be any resistance. Nothing but Blue Sky. I don't see any resistance in this chart. Am wondering why you see it.
- gwenzee: @Woodman $ABMD How prophetic that a heart pump reaches an ATH on Valentine's Day.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD -That's funny.
- optionswealth: @gwenzee $ABMD Made me chuckle.
- ROSEY: @gwenzee $ABMD : )
- gwenzee: @ROSEY $ABMD You know it.
16. $ABMD – medical devices moving higher.
17. $ALGN – still rangebound...but tradable bounce at $220. (GSL holding)
18. $ISRG – very choppy, but some like it here. Support at $380.
19. $GRUB – Favorable trial verdict...no ...
- captron: @woodman Have you compared $ALGN with $ABMD for your long term hold. I wrestled with this for awhile but when $ALGN took the big hit last week, my mind was pretty much made up. Just curious.
- issues: @captron $ALGN $ABMD I like the chart of $ABMD better (holding a small position) than ALGN. $ANET is the best (but sorry to say NP) headed to $300. We added to $ALXN yesterday (probably a mistake) when you look at $CELG. There's always $GILD! ALXN reported 2/8 so it's safe in that episode.
- captron: @issues $ALGN $ABMD $ANET $ALXN $CELG $GILD I agree. Several of my long terms were hit last week so its time to turn some over and I have been shopping for bargains. Charts tell the real story in my mind and with the big sell off last week in $ALGN, I see a lot of pain overhead. Thanks
- woodman: @captron $ALGN $ABMD - I have $ABMD and have had it for some time. It's a staple of my long term holdings at this point. @gwenzee and I discuss it fairly frequently, as she got me into the stock in the first place. $ALGN was one I held for a while, but sold. It's a buy back at this point.
- gwenzee: @woodman $ALGN $ABMD Abiomed received expanded FDA approval for indications for peripartum and postpartum cardiopathy with cardiogenic shock. So why is it down slightly today? It's little heart pump just keeps pumping along for the most part.
- woodman: Some for the "of interest" list: $ISRG $SQ $SRPT $NOAH $SPR $IPGP $ABMD
- DAN: #IBD50 List (as of 2/12/18): $ABMD $ADBE $AMTD $ANET $ASML $BABA $BOFI $BR $CADE $CAMP $CASA $CMA $CPRT $DQ $EW $FIVE $FND $GRUB $HQY $HTHT $IBKR $IPGP $ISRG $LOGM $LPLA $MA $MDXG $MSCI $MTOR $NFLX $NOW $NVDA $PANW $PETS $PRAH $RHT $SFM $SGH $SING $SIVB $SKX $SNV $SPGI $STMP $TEAM $TRU $TSS $VNOM $WAL $WB $WING
- champ: @CHOFF $ABMD $AAPL ---- On long term positions....investors sell for many different reasons, on a stock that is profitable, why sell. Most would only sell on a major market correction or at whatever target they have pick-out. Many might sell for pers ...
- debeers: $ABMD-Yay you, Gwenzee!!
- debeers: @GOOSE $NKTR -Mommy owns only 2 biotechs: $ABMD & $NKTR. $NKTR was blind squirrel finds nut. The second was from Gwenzee who actually knows what she's talking about. Thanks so much for picking up your clothes! And love your haircut.Mommy
- woodman: $ABMD @gwenzee - nice day for this one. It did well on earnings and guidance. I held a largish position over earnings and sighing a bit of relief. Some others I held over gave me a gut punch.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD Ha, we posted at nearly the same time! Congrats!
- gwenzee: @Woodman @Debeers $ABMD Can you believe it has been less than a month since we wondered if this baby would hit $200 and hold? Congrats to us!!!
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD Most that I have held over earnings have been good to me. Most, not all. Waiting for $AAPL. My cost basis is $12 but I will still be unhappy if guides lower. It is my largest position.
- Alexander: @woodman $ABMD @gwenzee Hats off to you .....I hope for many more
- woodman: @Alexander $ABMD - @gwenzee got me in it; credit goes to her. I simply bought and held.
- CHOFF: @gwenzee $ABMD $AAPL - your cost basis for $AAPL is 12? You've owned it for 10 years if that is the case. I'm in a similar situation. At what point or target would you be motivated to sell $AAPL?
- gwenzee: @CHOFF $ABMD $AAPL Bought it in 2009. My heirs can decide what to do with it.
- CHOFF: @gwenzee $ABMD $AAPL - I suppose in that case you don't care what the guidance is.
- gwenzee: @CHOFF $ABMD $AAPL I always care about what the guidance is or isn't. I just will not sell based on it. There is a big difference.
- gwenzee: $ABMD Reports tomorrow BMO. Pretty flat today. Yesterday printed an inverted hammer with a long tail. 18 point range. Probably scared out some weak hands. Last report on 10/26 started a beautiful run. Expecting similar results. LTH
- gwenzee: $ABMD ATH was $239.92 and AT closing high $236.42. Company issued preliminary Q3 FY 2018 revenue of $154 million, up 34% over prior year. 2018 guidance upgraded to $582 million (31%) from prior $565-575 million.
- issues: @gwenzee $ABMD stock price doesn't reflect that good news. Maybe tomorrow. NP but want to buy on dip.
- gwenzee: @issues $ABMD Prelim figures were released 1/8 prior to JPM Healthcare Conf. in SF. Stock didn't start to move until 1/12. Remember these are estimates not in stone. But, patient usage is also accelerating.
- issues: Wondering what to do with my $EDU? Missed earnings.14 to.27 a 43% miss. I've had it a long time but maybe its time to dump it. I know it's broken but soon as I sell someone will write about what a great buy it is. Thoughts? Earnings scheduled for $LRCX $VRTX $WDC $URI $UTX on $Wednesday. Thursday it's $ABMD $CELG $PYPL $CAT $UNP $FCX
- optionswealth: @issues $EDU $LRCX $VRTX $WDC $URI $UTX $Wednesday $ABMD $CELG $PYPL $CAT $UNP $FCX If you're truly done with it, sell calls close to the price it is, say Feb 90's and let it get called away, if it doesn't and it continues toward the 200 day, do it again. Feb calls are 24 days to expiration and if it falls faster than you expect, you can roll them down for additional premium while trying to get called away.
- gwenzee: @DeBeers @Woodman $ABMD Leerink Swann raised target price from $200-$265 with an "ourperform" rating. Current price is $228.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - I saw that Gwen. It's not hurting the stock. :-)
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD You are soooo on top of everything. Been busy with Truly Nolen tech who was here to check on past rodent problems so just saw the news.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - on top of everything? Sure, like selling $JUNO the day it moves up 45% in the after-hours? I was on top of that alright.
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD $JUNO $INCY That's why I'm holding on to INCY. I know as soon as I kick it to the well deserved curb, someone will make them an offer they can't refuse. My "Hope" strategy.
- woodman: $ABMD $ISRG $ALGN - med devices, to name a few.
- debeers: $ABMD-Well, Woodie, seemed like it got to $200 after all. Thanks, Gwennie!
- woodman: @debeers $ABMD - in high style. I thought it may take some more work to get through 200, but I held it and let the charts do the deciding. $ISRG doing the same thing at a similar type of resistance. Held that too. $ALGN doing the same thing now.
- gwenzee: @Woodman $ABMD Our work horse is doing well today. Another high. Time to raise those target prices??? Reports 2/1 BMO.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - I actually had to give myself a little hair cut. My position had become too big. Now wondering if I should just have let my hair grow longer and longer. But, on the whole, not a bad problem to have. I still have plenty of hair on the dome with this one.
- gwenzee: @Woodman $ABMD Jeffries raised its target price to $250.00 Sold 1/2 of my position last year....should have added instead. Go, baby, go.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - always finding a way to undermine ourselves. Sigh. Still, you've done quite well. Congrats. And thanks again for turning me onto this one some time ago!
- woodman: @gotoguy $AMBD - you mean $ABMD? You're welcome, but the thanks should go to @gwenzee who got me into the stock some time ago.
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD You are most welcome. Another Gwennie's Gemmies: $ONCE. Take a look at what I wrote yesterday and today. Could be a winner. And, heaven forbid, it could be a loser.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD $ONCE - I bought ONCE on the huge drop, near the bottom. I sold it the other day. I was over my self-imposed biotech allotment.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD $ONCE #Biotech- my current biotechs are $HALO $ESPR $SRPT $BLUE and, recently on the pullback, $JUNO.
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD $ONCE $HALO $ESPR $SRPT $BLUE $JUNO #Biotech- You are doing well, my friend. Had SRPT and JUNO and BLUE at one time. Sold all and never bought back in. Today I'm holding ABMD, $CYRX, $OMER, $ONCE $INCY and $PBYI. Some of these look like an E-ride at Disneyland. Hope springs eternal.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD $ONCE $HALO $ESPR $SRPT $BLUE $JUNO $CYRX $OMER $INCY $PBYI #Biotech- PBYI may be coming to life again. I can't figure out INCY, but, fwiw, it's pulled all the way back to the 200 week. Maybe it will start to play nicely again. I'll send you some positive vibes. :-)
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD $ONCE $HALO $ESPR $SRPT $BLUE $JUNO $CYRX $OMER $INCY $PBYI #Biotech- In the past had made some good $$$ on INCY. It is an old friend who has forgotten me. It still has a great pipeline and there has got to be a pony in there some place.
- gwenzee: @Woodman $ABMD ABMD, ABMD, ABMD
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - yes, indeed. :-)
- gwenzee: $ABMD @Woodman Finally over $200. 'Bout time.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD :-) One of my largest positions at the moment.
- woodman: $ABMD has had a gentle pullback to the rising 50 day. More of a sideways stroll than a pullback. Now showing some spunk within the squeeze here at the 50 day. I'm still holding a sizable position. I suspect @Gwnezee is still holding her position as well. ;-)
- gwenzee: @woodman $ABMD Always like to hold winners.
- woodman: $ABMD squeeze at 50 day.
- jetace: $BXMT $BNS $APH $AMGN $BWXT $DXC $ADNT $MRK $ABMD $ORBK $AXTA $COHR $ACET $GRMN $WB I run a scan looking for stocks at/near 50MA in a squeeze or in a tight BB. These all had interesting patterns, some for watching others might be actionable depending on today;s open. Happy New Year to all
- gwenzee: @Woodman $ABMD In case you missed this, Jeffries raised stock to a "Buy" and raised target price from $205 to $220.
- woodman: @gwenzee $ABMD - thanks. I hadn't seen it.
|Stock Price||$USD 431.55|
Abiomed, Inc. is a provider of mechanical circulatory support devices and it offers a continuum of care in heart recovery to heart failure patients.Request Video of ABMD
Already a member? Sign in here.
- July 26th, 2018 - 2019 Q1 Earnings
- $USD 6.29 34.61%
- $USD 27.00 31.88%
- $USD 9.14 17.66%
- $USD 60.15 -33.17%
- $USD 31.75 -12.56%
- $USD 139.45 -10.99%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 56,600 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (56,600) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!