Applied Optoelectronics Inc. (NASDAQ:AAOI)
Old Forum Content for AAOIMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
DAN: Good morning. Futures are pointing to a slightly higher open this morning. Just a few comments before the open because I'll be hosting a training session in just a few hours and there will be plenty to discuss at that time.
The bank stocks should ...
- Sher: Just FYI… Short interest recap on a few forum stocks (insomnia entertainment): $RES – 57% - 16 DTC $AAOI – 53.76% - 4 DTC (days to cover); $LITE (for comparison) – 9.9% - 3.7 DTC $CRR – 52.36 – 12 DTC $SHAK – 52.09% - 13.8 DTC $CZR – 45.97% - 16 DTC $NTNX – 45.89% - 3.5 DTC $LGIH - 43.57%$ - 20.9 DTC UBNT – 42.06% - 17 DTC $RH – 41.46% - 4.5 DTC $NVDA – 26% decrease in short interest – Now negligible… $JBLU – 12% decrease – Negligible $BX – 11% decrease - Negligible $JD – Negligible
- bnnybklyn: @DAN I added to $AAOI this morning, thinking of adding more here - trying to focus on fewer stocks and the piling in method since its working...thoughts ?
- Robert1965: @bnnybklyn $AAOI When you added I just started in at 92.85, what did you set your stop at
- issues: @bnnybklyn $AAOI wait for pull back?
- MM: $OCLR $FNSR $NPTN $INFN $ACIA $AAOI Opto-Comps at the highs...
- Bridget: #Notes: $SPY - up again on lower volume $QQQ - new all time high $IYT - transports were the only sector I saw that were down $OIH - getting a bounce in oil, $MPC new high $HACK - cyber security stocks doing well today $FTNT $PANW $FEYE $XLB - new all time high $KEM - continues, very extended now $AAOI - up again $CHKP - breakout, ER tomorrow $TTD - breakout, you can buy tomorrow near $54 $ADBE - continues to climb $NTRI - continues $HIMX - attempts to breakout $SYMC - continues $LOW - at a good buy point $CIEN - at a good buy point, coming off support $CSX - breaking down $IBM - at lows $GWW - breaking down IPOs $RACE $PLYA $AKCA $CVNA - in a squeeze $BL $TRVG $SOI $HCC
- DAN: $AAOI $KEM $SWIR etc -- I'm selling into this strength. The fast movers that have recently broken out...or the ones that have just been screaming after a pop from a volatility squeeze...are weakening. Would rather lock in some profits than risk riding them back down. Very strong market...which is the time to start getting paid off for the risk you have taken.
- cmaxwel1: @DAN $AAOI $KEM $SWIR (add $TAN). Way outside 2x bollinger bands.
- DAN: @cmaxwel1 $AAOI $KEM $SWIR $TAN Yes. I took profits on AAOI & KEM. Out. SWIR also...I can buy that back if/when it gives me a signal. I think it's fine to be in SWIR. But I had jut bought the breakout this morning, and wasn't really profitable on it. About break even. And since other stocks were under distribution, I decided to just kick the trade and reconsider tomorrow. Hate giving back a lot of profits on a pullback, thinking "DAng! Should have lightened up yesterday when I had the chance." Now, I'll be able to say, "Well, I'm glad I lightened up yesterday when I had the chance. Today's a new day. Hmmm. Let's see what's happening." The market moves in cycles. Swings. For shorter term trades, it's important to take advantage of those swings, or else they'll take advantage of you! Dan
- bnnybklyn: @issues $AAOI i sold near end of day and will wait for a pullback - should have sold sooner but #dayjob
- bnnybklyn: @Robert1965 $AAOI actually added at $93 and change and took a $.60 loss. Trying to do my day job and actively trade is sometimes a challenge. I do hug the computer so not impossible but got careless.
- champ: @bnnybklyn $AAOI ---- but you saw the turn and sold...so that was a good trade....these #Types of trades (on fast movers) for me... always start out as a #DayTrades and then if I catch a nice move up and I will most always sell 1/2 or 3/4th on the cl ...
- bsafriet: @champ $GLW Couldn't agree more. I'm long the stock and have also been carrying a long diagonal call spread - the last position was the July'17/Aug'17 30.5/28 calls. Closed this out yesterday rather than rolling out and up. Will reopen another dia ...
- drmoritz: $AAOI What is a good buy point? or Is it too late right now?
- bnnybklyn: $AAOI back in at $85 1/2 position
- debeers: $AAOI-Morgan Stanley just disclosed a 5.2% stake in this co.NP
- bnnybklyn: @drmoritz $AAOI I'm no expert, but I've nailed it with this stock. I bet you'll get a chance back at around $87 ish
- DAN: $AAOI -- what rhymes with AAOI? "Oh my!"
- bigbartabs: @DAN $AAOI ... ok Dorothy.
- gilman23smm: @DAN $AAOI Sold my JUL85 calls. This thing just won't stop. Will watch it for now.
- bnnybklyn: @DAN $AAOI having fun with this one, but makes me want to learn options !
- DAN: @bnnybklyn $AAOI Only option on AAOI right now is to not trade options on it. Expensive as he11. Stock is extended...and fairly wide bid/ask spreads on the options. But they do have their place...Absolutely.
- GOOSE: A COUPLE: $AAOI BTC 7/21/17 76.0 PUTS @.05 Sold the Puts yesterday. $UVXY STO 8/18/17 60.0 CALLS @1.00 Delta .14 Very few contracts. Just want to see how the stock will trade after the split.
- issues: @DAN $AAOI I know. It's not sell.
- JustJoe: @DAN $AAOI I would like to thank all the good folks at SSM for recommending AAOI...as of today I could pay my SSM dues for the next 11 yeas . :)
- JustJoe: @JustJoe $AAOI Sold at 90...it was a good rental.
- gilman23smm: @JustJoe $AAOI Congrats! It has been fun trading this one though sometimes nerve wracking. Options are very expensive so have lost and won over the past few weeks.
- Vehid: @DAN $AAOI I am not in it so it is bu** ugly for me! Well, almost no cash here.
- bnnybklyn: @DAN $AAOI and hence why I would need to learn about options to know that :)
- DAN: @JustJoe $AAOI LOL! That's awesome! I will have Gary reach out to you for your credit card information. Happy to give you a discount for an 11 year membership. ;-) Seriously...great job on AAOI. I can point the gun, but you've got to pull the trigger. They're your bullets. --Dan
- DAN: @bnnybklyn $AAOI There's a time for that. 8-)
- Robert1965: @BocaRick $AMZN #Dan #Weekend what weekend chart of the day, this week was $AAOI
DAN: Good morning. The futures are pointing to a slightly higher open this morning, with the Nasdaq once again attracting the most buying. This entire week should be pretty busy, with several high-profile companies reporting earnings.
Netflix ($NFLX) r ...
- bnnybklyn: @DAN got out of most of a nice size position late Friday in $AAOI for 25% gain. I see this selling volume right now...but I do think this looks to go higher. What do you see as a good add back price ?? Thanks.
- Junior1: @bnnybklyn $AAOI Bought to close: AAOI JUL 21 2017 55.0 Put @.02 Thanks again @DAN !
- DAN: @bnnybklyn $AAOI I'm pretty bullish on AAOI, but I think you were right to cut your position down. Volume on Friday was heavy, but not as much as on Thursday. I would consider adding to the position if the stock falls to around $80...but it's very very problematic for me to even hazard a guess on AAOI. Lots of upside momentum in the stock now. So I'm really, more than anything else, guessing. 8-\
- DAN: @Junior1 $AAOI Now THAT is a nice trade. Great job, Junior1.
- Junior1: @DAN $AAOI Going back to the well: STO AAOI JUL 28 2017 75.0 Puts @1.50 (11 days)
- GOOSE: A TRADE: While waiting a day or two for $UVXY OPTIONS to get real, I...... $AAOI STO 7/21/17 76.0 PUTS @.50 Not familiar with this stock, except what I know from the Forum, so being a little more conservative. Thanks to Junior1 for the idea. EDITED
- mljbaer: @GOOSE $UVXY $AAOI ---UVXY...a weapon of wealth destruction for me...
- GOOSE: @mljbaer $UVXY $AAOI Yah! Takes a little time to get used to it, and its periodic spikes.
- Henry: @GOOSE $AAOI August 3rd my friend http://ao-inc.com/news-events/trade-shows
- antfarm: $AAOI Sold Aug 11th 65 Puts @ 2.55 when $AAOI was at 82.27. Assignment would be below the 50dma. Earnings Aug 3rd after per their web page.
- jgg8387: @GOOSE @Henry $AAOI Schwab also has 8/3 AMC. Not that they are infallible, but they do say the company has confirmed that date. I think the date is important because I don't want to want to be short a put over earnings. Good luck to all. joe-
- GOOSE: @jgg8387 $AAOI I have deleted all my $AAOI earnings posts. I am outnumbered, so I guess I'm wrong. Won't be the first time. ;>)
- fitzfour113: @DAN - $AAOI - Weekend Chart Video ... you are as close to "pounding the table" for a buy, though some inconsistencies I would appreciate your help with: 1) buy now $85; buy more if gets to 50 dma (currently 65.64) ... that would be a 24% loss - feels painful. 2) buying after 6 big up days, including really big last 2 days ... seems like Dumb dumb buyer?
- BocaRick: $ACIA down as much as 9% PM, expects lower earnings. Yesterday $AAOI raised sector on expectations. $LITE and $OCLR down on early trading
- bnnybklyn: @bsafriet $aaoi $AAOI I really should learn Options :)
- tjv821: $aaoi I guess I sold my calls to early :(
- Robert1965: @tjv821 $aaoi Sold the stock to early, yesterday, darn
- bnnybklyn: $AAOI strong and looking like it has legs on weekly charts - full position since $65
- normr: $AAOI - Scaled out yesterday near $78 and got back in today when it cleared 80. Seems that many times stocks like this will clear 80 and run right up to $100 without hardly looking back. Let's hope so !
- tjv821: @normr $AAOI I sold I sold all my calls :(((((
- gilman23smm: @tjv821 $AAOI I sold my calls yesterday but bought them back at higher strike today when it cleared 80. Trying to resist the temptation to sell again.
- Bridget: $AAOI looks like this run is finally getting sold.
- gmj: took profits on this little pop thx for the notice @Bridget $AAOI
- bnnybklyn: @Bridget $AAOI had similar action this time yesterday before another rebound no ?
- Gmoore: @Bridget $AAOI Up 25% in a week-out for now
- Bridget: @bnnybklyn $AAOI very true. If you are long and bullish I would use a trailing stop. This can certainly keep going but it sure is extended now.
- bnnybklyn: @Bridget $AAOI i took profits earlier after being up 25% gonna let it ride for now.
- Aragorn: @bnnybklyn $AAOI Another Service that does heavy options and moves these things closed out their AAOI position FWIW
- bnnybklyn: @Aragorn $AAOI alright, I won't be greedy. out of most of position. Will look for weakness to continue into Monday and hopefully there's another buying opp ahead. Watch it skyrocket now ! ha
- gilman23smm: @Bridget $AAOI Thanks for the heads-up Bridget. Ended up closing my options.
- Aragorn: @bnnybklyn $AAOI Hey don't sell because they did, just an information thing. Best that service is getting in on the callout and selling quickly. Anytime you see some spikes in some stock, it might be that service moving the market. I have seen it, the floor traders are looking for the orders to piggy back on them it is unreal. I do nto subscribe but I get some info after the fact and you can see by the time stamp it is crazy what happens. Jon Najarian said at FM halftime he follows these large orders that come thru, so not such a bad thing to be a follower sometimes.
- bnnybklyn: @Aragorn $AAOI no, not on you and i appreciate the info. I was feeling nervous. Rather walk away way up and fight another day than kick myself.
- issues: @Robert1965 $aaoi ahh the joys of trading.
$AAOI - broke yesterday's highs and flew up. Now seeing $85-86 as resistance
$ESPR - making a move higher
$BX - breakout
$YY - breakout
$BEAT - phase 3, new all time high
$SYK - looks like phase 3
$MA/$V - both look strong here
$AMGN - flag, then co ...
- vscottg: Anyone with any insight as to why trading is halted on $AAOI
- BocaRick: @vscottg $AAOI waiting on some news, $LITE $OCLR $FNSR are all up. FNSR passed a 27.1 buy point yesterday but didn't hold, now up to 27.61 in premarket
- Forexpro: @vscottg $AAOI Sorry, Vscottg, This is all I've got, and all we're likely to get until whatever is going to be announced become public: #DJ Applied Optoelectronics Inc. (AAOI) Paused (quotes only) due to news pending All the best!
- thehook1: @vscottg $AAOI back in 5min....they raised guidance
- mhuie: @vscottg $AAOI AAOI raised earnings 4 quarters in a row
- bwcarnation1: @vscottg $AAOI much better than expected earnings and rev guidance (pre announcement)
- traderbren: @vscottg $AAOI - Applied Optoelectronics' stock resumes trade, soars 8.1% premarket after upbeat Q2 outlook
- tjv821: @Forexpro $AAOI #DJ what's everyone think see into this???
- Forexpro: @tjv821 $AAOI #DJ Hi, Tjv821, It's public now, and looks like a nicely positive surprise. From SeekingAlpha: Applied Optoelectronics (NASDAQ:AAOI) has come off a trading halt up 7% premarket as it announced preliminary Q2 results set to beat guidance. It sees non-GAAP EPS of $1.31-$1.36, above its prior outlook of $1.09-$1.19, and revenue of $117.3M beating its earlier outlook of $106M-$112M. “Again this quarter, our results were driven by improvement in our manufacturing costs, capacity expansion and solid execution by our production team," says founder and CEO Dr. Thompson Lin. I'm not involved in the stock; I'd probably be peeling some off into the early strength, and it appears that there are some people who are doing that. All the best!
- antfarm: $AAOI Rolled my July 21st 55 Puts up and out to July 28th 65 Puts for 1.40 credit. The up move in $AAOI has lifted the 50dma to just shy of 65. I will take assignment here. I'm estimating earnings will be out early August
- champ: $AAOI...moved up this morning because they raised guidance again but they didn't post that news until all the insides took positions because this bounce really started on 7/3 and its up $20 now......probably to late also but you just never know.
- mhuie: @champ $AAOI Where do you look for insider transactions?
- tjv821: $aaoi sell into??
- bnnybklyn: @tjv821 $aaoi I was thinking that too, but never pulled the trigger.
- bsafriet: @bnnybklyn $aaoi It would have made sense to sell at least part of our position today on this news. Unfortunately, I had sold the Jul-21 exp $75 calls as a covered call write on my position as a hedge. My strategy to repair this trade was to rol ...
- traderbren: $AAOI -- reversed course. Out
- traderbren: #Choppy -- lots of air pockets out there. Interesting to see how bids get pulled on downdrafts, and then gradually find a bid to take them up; e.g. $AAOI, $MOMO, as examples.
- bnnybklyn: $AAOI nice finish on decent volume in the last hour
- bnnybklyn: @DAN - I know you were trading $aaoi at one point. Are you active here again. I have held it with a smaller position. Do you think it makes sense to perhaps sell into strength this AM or does this pattern suggest a potential breakout ?
- DAN: @bnnybklyn $aaoi I'm not right now. AAOI really needs to trade sideways for a while and build a little base from which any buyers can push the stock higher. IT's just pretty choppy now. I think the stock is going to say in this range for a while. I'd sell it if I owned it. Can always buy it back.
- champ: @bsafriet $BAC $C $WFC $DB $MS $JPM $AAOI $AMAT $LRCX $AVGO $NVDA $COHR $OLED $IIVI $IPGP $MU $VEEV $ADBE $GLW $AXTI $LITE $OCLR $NOVT $ANET $FNSR $MTSI $TSLA $LABD $Dan $WB $MOMO $TCEHY $NTES $BIDU #Trading #Spec #Positions #Economic #Non-Farm #Addi ...
- bsafriet: @champ $BAC $C $WFC $DB #Trading #Spec #Positions #Economic #Non-Farm #Additional Why not take partial profits in your long positions in. $BAC and $C and let the rest ride (play with the house's money)? I'm long $MS, $C and $JPM and thinking about a ...
- traderbren: $AAOI and $OCLR - took starter positions again after getting out at higher levels.
- bRobert: $AAOI squeezing
- gilman23smm: $AAOI This may be starting to squeeze
- antfarm: Popping in after the close to post a few Expiring: $SVXY June 30th 130 Put Closed $SPX July 7th 2330/2350 BuPS @ 0.20 off a GTC order Originally opened @1.26 Bought to closed $AAOI June 30th 60 Put @ 0.25 this morning. That was a ride. #ShortPuts Sold to open July 28th 120 Put @ 2.51. Have a great fourth all. I'll be back on Wednesday.
- infocus: @antfarm $SVXY $SPX $AAOI #ShortPuts I'm impressed that you held the $AAOI short 60 Puts through all the volatility. I was in the same trade, and for not a large position, but unfortunately got shaken out a couple of days ago. Watching too closely I guess. Good for you! Have a good 4th.
- issues: @audrina0904 $ESNT It's very choppy - like a meat cutter. 1/2 position. I sold $ICLR when it was headed down. Now it's up big. I am not going to do that with $PI $AAOI $ANET $AMAT $AEIS etc.
- bnnybklyn: @DAN $AAOI any different thoughts on this today ? I held my position so far.
- efrain007: @bnnybklyn $AAOI I'm sure he feels the same as yesterday ;). I did buy a little yesterday at the close as it's touching the ascending trend line from January so it's a low risk entry for me. My thought is that that trend line is more important than the 50d as the 50d didn't really mean much (IMO) back in April/May, so a close under that trend line is my stop.
- bnnybklyn: @efrain007 $AAOI that's been my thinking
|Stock Price||$USD 43.74|
Applied Optoelectronics Inc is a vertically integrated provider of fiber-optic networking products, for three networking markets: cable television, fiber-to-the-home and internet data center such as components, sub-assemblies and modules, among others.Request Video of AAOI
Already a member? Sign in here.
- $USD 33.13 28.80%
- $USD 15.25 25.39%
- $USD 31.00 23.25%
- $USD 43.74 -41.59%
- $USD 6.77 -22.28%
- $USD 23.68 -15.46%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 50,800 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (50,800) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!