Alcoa Corporation (NYSE:AA)
Old Forum Content for AAMake a Forum Post Become a member to view recent forum posts. Already a member? Sign in here.
- DrScience: $AA reports after the bell. Expect $CENX and $ARNC to move in sympathy.
- champ: @woodman $ATI $TECK ---- Thanks, for the Heads-up...Yes, and has great potential and is going much higher....however, on $CLF... I have also been posting and the sector for around 50 days now. I'm also holding these positions in the sector....$X $AA $CENX $AKS $FCX $SID...take a look at $SID because they just raised their prices and $AKS, also raised their prices.. 2 times in the last 23 days.. and I have posts on all. Check-out my post on $CENX....when you have time.
- DrScience: $ARNC touching the 30-level -- 30.69 is the high post-separation from $AA. Stock is extended on the daily chart, but 50 DMA should cross above the 200 DMA in the next week.
- issues: @DrScience $ARNC $AA I think Cramer talked about $ARNC. Are you holding, buying or placing a precision stop? We hold AA and added.
- Robert1965: $AA hit YH of 56.15
- bRobert: $AA flag. Long leaps
- champ: $AA----Out....took profits on the open
- champ: @Robert1965 $CENX ---- Yes, I'm still hold this position.. for now but I did take profits on $AA this morning and will add back at some point. Looks like there is a little rotation going on, into Tech and that started yesterday. Many have been rotating into energy Energy positions and that started on 12/19 but really pick-up yesterday.
- champ: $XME --- All the Metals are working and now my laggers are starting to OutPerforming...$AKS $CLF and $CENX is also still on the move and I'm still holding ...$X $AA $TECK $FCX $ATI ...I have these 8 positions in this...Hot sector. Need to try to be in the right sectors for #2018....until they turn.
- Rasta: @champ $XME $AKS $CLF $CENX $X $AA $TECK $FCX $ATI #2018 I've held many of these dog Metal companies in 2017 and they are finally starting to turn, especially $FCX which i added to recently. I've also added $NXE as my uranium metal in 2018 this morning. See recent article from SeekingAlpha. https://seekingalpha.com/article/4134395-top-5-mining-stocks-watch-2018
- champ: @Rasta $XME $AKS $CLF $CENX $X $AA $TECK $FCX $ATI $NXE #2018 ---- Thanks...I just added to my #Watch-List...I will watch for entry...I forgot about this...but I'm out of bullets for now...until I start taking off positions....but I'm going to let most all run....no reason to sell.
- bRobert: $AA Another nh Long leap calls. Selling some premium against long.
- champ: @Robert1965 $CENX ---- Yes, this is a keeper...along with $X $AA $TECK $ATI.... $AKS $CLF....I'm looking for a few of these laggers to perk-up also.
- bRobert: $AA nh Vertical . Trailing stops raised
- champ: $AA is also at a new ATH and should even keep moving up. I'm still holding all my metal positions...and $CENX still has room and this stock should move back-up to its 2015 high @ 25-$31 because the Economy is extremely strong and the Trump team in right on top of the Dumping that China...#Was doing....not much anymore is the News. The same for $X and the others. I'm holding 7 positions, in this sector. $XME ...This sector is much easier than the energy sector. Its working and rotation is happening... and will even get stronger, as the late investor take new positions, after they realize that this sector is working, then the dumb $$$ will move-in....this is going to be a strong sector for 2018.
- bRobert: $AA $FCX $STLD $X $XME Not a one day wonder. Long calls
- champ: @stairm01 $CLF ---- Started turning in early December....I have a position and started posting on this sector turn on 12/6. I'm holding these stocks in this sector...$X $AKS $AA $CENX $ATI $TECK $CLF.
- champ: $AA $CENX both up over 6% ...going to swing my full positions again.
- bRobert: @champ $AA $CENX Reflation
- indigo1948: @champ $CLF $X $AKS $AA $CENX $ATI $TECK -holding CLF and entering AKS.
- bRobert: $AA Squeeze bo continues . $XME nh
- GOOSE: @bRobert $AA $XME Is that "bo" for buyout?????
- champ: $CENX @ $16.60 up over 4% HOD ---- I double my position size this morning, by adding a new trading position....because this stock is still about 25% below YTDH and $AA is only 10% below. I'm still holding both....and $X $ALK but at this time, for now...I like Aluminum better than Steel but tomorrow I might like Steel better.
2. $AA – pop
3. $STLD – continuation of November squeeze. Now in phase
4. $FCX – If you’re not long...don’t be! If you are, use a trailing stop.
5. $RIOT – tweezer top.
6. $ROKU – tired.
7. $TSLA --= this ...
- champ: $AA @ $44.24 up $1.60 ----- Sector is turning off the News...$X $ATI $AKS $CENX ...a few of us in the forum have been posting about this sector turn...@GOOSE @bRobert and others. These are my positions that I have been position about.
- GOOSE: TRADES: $AA STO 12/29/17 46.0 CALLS @.30 $EGBN STO 1/19/18 55.0 PUTS @1.00, an add to the 60.0 puts. EDITED
- GOOSE: TRADES: $AA STO 12/29/17 ATM 43.0 PUTS @.95 $CSX STO 1/19/18 50.0 PUTS @1.01 @Bridget's suggestion, Thank you B.
- bRobert: $AA Squeeze right shoulder/flag. Target 46+ when triggered
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $AA 12/22/17 STO 41.5 PUTS @.50
- bRobert: $FCX . $ATI . $AA perky XME club
- champ: $AA @ $42.25 & $ATI @ $23.25 --- Both are on the move....#NewPositions for the same reasons as $X....the U.S. has launch anti-dumping cases against the Chinese.....and that includes Aluminum products also. $ATI is special metals...stainless steel, titanium.....but they have a long list of products, take a look. Customers are $BA and many others. I posted on this sector...$X...and a few others. I'm holding $X $AKS $ATI $AA, these are my picks but there are others, I'm a little diversity, with these names. Like all stock positions, the markets must work or hold around this level $DJI..24,350. $ATI is on..Day 3 off the recent low and $AA is on Day 2 ....both RHRN...not really late but they will zig-zag. $X really started on 11/14 but on this Budget extension low was on 12/5 ....so this is more or less Day 4. Take a look....
- bRobert: $AA Target $53 . Not necessarily straight up
- champ: $CENX $15.50 up over 10%. ----- #NewPosition off of your post....because this is strong, with above average volume, off of that news that I posted about this morning with $AA. Looks like it has been consolidating for the last 60 days and this is Day 3 off the recent low....after a good size drop. Great-Set on Day 3 ..bouncing off the low on News.
- GOOSE: A FEW TRADES: Strangles All delta .25 or less. $AA STO 12/15/17 39.5 PUTS @.46 $AA STO 12/15/17 44.0 CALLS @.26 $PCG STO 12/15/17 51.5 PUTS @42 $PCG STO 12/15/17 55.5 CALLS @.43
- GOOSE: OPTION EXPIRATION, 12/1/17 $UVXY 12/1/17 14.50 CALLS A little more than usual position. Just lucky, no big brain. $AA 12/1/17 41.50 PUTS Busy with the account today, so will post trades now. $UVXY STO 12/8/17 What else? 14.50 CALLS @1.54 $VXX STO 12/8/17 36.50 CALLS @.54 Delta .25 $PCG BTC 12/1/17 55.0 PUTS @.75 Lost .20 per contract $AA BTC 12/1/17 41.50 CALLS @.25 Made .10 per contract. BTO these to protect above PUTS, when it looked like I might be assigned.
- GOOSE: TRADES: $CVGI BTO STOCK @11.55 A long term position for me, more about a week or two. ;>) $AA STO 12/1/17 41.50 CALLS @.35, to mitigate my 41.5 puts which are ITM, at this point. 2 more days I'll know if I'm right.
- bRobert: @GOOSE $CVGI $AA I'm CVGI biggest fan. Target $16+ . Stock extended however. Higher risk entry in the short term.
- GOOSE: $AA Woah! What happened to $AA? 41.39 to 43.37 in a short while?
- di36464: @GOOSE $AA china called on dumping aluminum.
- MtChet: @di36464 $AA - It's bringing up the steel stocks too. $AKS, $CLF, $X
- GOOSE: @di36464 $AA Hey, thanks for that info. Sure helped my 12/1/17 short 41.5 Puts. ;>)
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $AA STO 12/1/17 44.0 CALLS @.40 Risky, but hasn't seen 44.0 in the last 2 weeks, (almost) ;>)
- issues: @GOOSE $AA you should do good with your trade! We are still in this with a small position and are waiting for green day with vol to add.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $EFX(again) ;>) STO 11/10/17 110 CALLS @1.55. Will make it a Covered call if necessary. $AA STO 11/10/17 48.0 CALLS COVERED $PCG STO 11/10/17 57.50 CALLS COVERED
- GOOSE: OPTION EXPIRATION: 11/3/17 $AA 11/3/17 49.0 CALLS $AA 11/3/17 50.0 CALLS $CELG 11/3/17 102.0 CALLS COVERED $PCG 11/3/17 58.0 CALLS $PCG 11/3/17 58.5 CALLS $PCG 11/3/17 56.0 PUTS $PCG 11/3/17 57.50 CALLS ASSIGNMENTS: $AA 11/3/17 47.50 11/3/17 PUTS Put to me.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $AA STO 11/3/17 50.0 CALL @.70 Will cover with stock if necessary.
- GOOSE: TRADES: $AA STO 10/28/17 45.50 PUTS @.50 Will take the stock if necessary. $PCG STO 10/28/17 57.0 PUTS @1.40 " " "
- GOOSE: #FYI $AA Reports earnings AMC
- Bridget: Some stocks that are reporting earnings after the close or before the open tomorrow: $EBAY $AA $UAL $ABT
- GOOSE: $AA Announces earnings after the bell. I got rid of my Covered Combo Mambo Strangles. Had quite a few. Just kept 1 short 45.0 Put contract, and 1 short 50.0 contract for a rush. Both expire Friday. I came up with 2.40 as the expected move.
- PRK: @Bridget $EBAY $AA $UAL $ABT $LLNW can be added to this list. It reports after the close today.
- GOOSE: #Earnings $AA Well it looks like earnings was a non-event for $AA. It's up and down a quarter, .25.
- GOOSE: $AA Down 1.5%. Earnings tomorrow after the bell. At the current price, expected move is $2.45.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $AA BTO SHARES @47.70 Added to my shares, to cover 10/20 Calls. Also have 10/20/17 43.0 short Puts,.
- champ: $AA @ $48.75 .......#NewPosition...could be making an earnings move...earnings are #Wednesday 10/18 after...I'm in with a New Spec trading position on the Open
- GOOSE: @champ $AA #NewPosition #Wednesday Hi @Champ, are you going to hold over earnings? i am pretty heavily into this with stock, short calls and short puts. I haven't made up my mind yet, as to what I'll do.
- champ: @GOOSE $AA #NewPosition #Wednesday ---- I'm in with a Spec day trade, at this point and its also... to early for me to know at this point, I took profits on 1/2 already and I'm going to swing the other 1/2. LOL
- GOOSE: @champ $AA #NewPosition #Wednesday Thanks @Champ. GOOSE
- GOOSE: Added some more $AA stock at a minute before the bell @48.25. Ran down .55 at EOD.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $AA STO 10/20/17 45.0 PUTS @.45 Against my short calls.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $AA BTO STOCK 47.75
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $AA STO 10/20/17 50.0 CALLS @.60
- GOOSE: OPTION EXPIRATION, 10/6/17 $AA 46.5 COVERED CALLS STOCK ASSIGNED $AA 48.0 COVERED CALLS EXPIRED $AA 43.5 PUTS EXPIRED $EFX 105 COVERED CALLS STOCK ASSIGNED Have a great and safe weekend everyone. :>)
- Bobbie: Thank you for commenting on $ARNC. I have owned a full position since the $AA spinoff. I plan to remain long.
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $AA BTO STOCK @47.89
- GOOSE: A TRADE: $AA BTO STOCK @47.50
- Bridget: $AA breaking out
- bRobert: @Bridget $AA BIG move XME dragging up everything
- issues: @Bridget $AA This looks like the perfect flag pattern or a small shallow cup... We hold 1/2 position.
- GOOSE: $AA Moving, slowly. Seems strong.
- GOOSE: TRADES: A Buy/ Write $AA BTO STOCK @46.60 $AA STO 10/6/17 46.50 CALLS @.85
- GOOSE: TRADES: $AA STO 10/6/17 43.50 PUTS @.35 Delta .12 $AA STO 10/6/17 48.0 CALLS @.35 Delta .23
- GOOSE: $AA moving
- debeers: @GOOSE $AA --So glad that you are ok.BMO upgrade today.
- GOOSE: @debeers $AA Thank you for that info, and the personal Mom. ;>)
- issues: @GOOSE $AA added and placed a stop strategically at a few points below. Looks like a flag flying at 1/2 mast. Well not really 1/2 mast more like 1/5 mast. This pull back is just right for me.
- GOOSE: #TRADES: $AA STO 9/29/17 43.0 PUTS @.30 $AAOI BTC 9/22/17 53.50 PUTS @.30 BTO @1.09 $EFX STO 9/22/17 89.0 PUTS @1.32 Delta .28 The devil made me do it. Minimum contracts at present,, may add as time goes by. Volume acceptable, tapering off. 5 day trade. Hey what can go wrong? ;>)
- GOOSE: TRADES: $AA STO 9/22/17 45.5 CALLS @.30 $UVE STO 10/20/17 20.0 PUTS @.60 $UVE STO 10/20/17 22.50 CALLS @.60 Don't like to go out so far, hate to have $ tied up for so long, but this stock hardly eats up margin.
- GOOSE: OPTION EXPIRATION: 9/15/17 All expired $AA 46.0 CALLS $AA 43.5 PUTS $AA 44.0 PUTS $UVE 12.5 PUTS $UVE 15.0 PUTS
- GOOSE: SOME TRADES: $UVE STO 10/20/17 20.0 CALLS @1.65 $AA STO 9/22/17 45.0 CALLS @,45 $AA STO 9/22/17 43.5 PUTS @.28 Goes with the above, no charge to margin, a freebee, if such a thing exists. ;>)
- issues: Today was a buy day for me. Bought the following partial positions: $OSUR $BRKS $EW $AA $SQ $EXTR $VEEV. Sold short $EFX and holding. It's going to the bottom. Buy stop is a trailing stop at 3% ($114).
- GOOSE: $AA Any idea why $AA is down all of a sudden?
- PhilHarmonic: @GOOSE $AA The $XME is down quite a bit. It's a bad day for the metals.
- GOOSE: @PhilHarmonic $AA $XME Thank you for your reply. Have a great weekend. GOOSE
- champ: @GOOSE $AA ---- I have it right in front of me and I can't find anything either and I posted this morning that all metals are down...I have been watching all.....but I will make a guess and say its CopyCat traders selling metal stocks....because they want to move into #Hurricane trades or stocks that are working....its hard just to sit back and watch all of these stocks move up like they are and the higher they climb, the harder it is to take a position....this is what Traders/Investors wait years for and many are hit and run traders...in and out.
- GOOSE: @champ $AA #Hurricane Champ, Thanks for answering. I appreciate it. Have a great weekend. GOOSE
- champ: @GOOSE $AA #Hurricane --- #Anytime
- gig1: @champ $AA #Hurricane #Anytime Fall back in China exports overnight is causing fall in metals. Happened in Europe before here today.
- champ: @gig1 $AA #Hurricane #Anytime --- OK ...thats it...Thanks!
- gig1: @champ $AA #Hurricane #Anytime You're very welcome!
- GOOSE: A TRADE: A ROLL OUT $AA BTC 9/4/17 44.0 PUTS @1.70 $AA STO 9/15/17 44.0 PUTS @1.83 .13 Credit
- GOOSE: TRADES: $AA STO 9/8/17 45.0 CALLS @.25 Expires in 2 days. $AA STO 9/15/17 46.0 CALLS @.30 These 2 trades balance off my short PUTS, so no margin usage. EDITED: SHOULD BE PUTS NOT CALLS.
- GOOSE: $AA HOD CTL LOD
- champ: $AA @ $43.60 HOD and ATH --- Here's another nice chart. This sector is working but this is also another one in the sector, that I'm holding. Could keep climbing and might even BreakOut, even more, on this slow move higher. No losers in this stock. Institutions hold 75% and theirs really no reason for them to sell. Another nice stock, that just keeps slowly climbing, with the market.
- GOOSE: A NEW TRADE, for me anyway. $AA STO 9/15/17 43.5 PUTS @.52 $AA STO 9/8/17 44.0 PUTS @.30
- gig1: $AA Working well. Thank you Dan for this one!
- DAN: @gig1 $AA Nice job, gig1. Love it!!
- Bobbie: $AA, Is this a stock that is in early innings of a run up? If so, what inning do you think it's in? I don't want to ride it down. Any ideas on an exit plan would be appreciated.
- issues: @Bobbie $AA No earning aren't until Oct 18th. This is not an earnings run up. It's because metals - gold silver aluminum are going up. Inflation? Who knows. We hold a small position. It's too high to buy. Wait for pull back to around $39.
- DAN: $XAL $JBLU $UAL $AA $LUV -- the airline stocks are rebounding this morning. It's a sector-wide shift. If you are looking for short term swing trades...perhaps into Monday using an intraday bar timeframe (flip between 15- and 30-minute timeframes), ...
|Stock Price||$USD 60.01|
Alcoa Inc manufactures and engineers lightweight metals. It products include aluminum, titanium, and nickel, which are used in aircraft, automobiles, commercial transportation, packaging, oil and gas, defense and industrial applications, among others.Request Video of AA
Already a member? Sign in here.
- Alcoa saw a huge surge in volume today on news that it will split its business into two entities next year. By Bridget September 28th, 2015
- April 24th, 2018 - 2018 Q1 Earnings
- July 18th, 2018 - 2018 Q2 Earnings
- $USD 60.01 29.07%
- $USD 14.44 19.43%
- $USD 15.81 17.66%
- $USD 11.09 -27.09%
- $USD 63.44 -10.42%
- $USD 10.60 -4.79%
Stock Market Mentor gives you EVERYTHING you need to succeed in the market; all in one place. How easy is that? Dan Fitzpatrick and his elite community of traders share trading ideas, strategies and much more. Dan Fitzpatrick--a world class Technical Analyst, trading coach and regular CNBC contributor--gives you access to all of this with a 14 day FREE membership. Get started TODAY and start trading better TOMORROW with the following premium content:
- Nightly video Strategy Sessions with a game plan for tomorrow
- Got a stock you want Dan to look at? Just ask.
- Patent pending video alerts instantly delivered to you when one of Dan’s trading signals is triggered. This is not your typical price alert. This is a short video explaining the action you need to take to make money. No more “Woulda, coulda, shoulda”
- Access to over 55,100 stock analysis videos
- Access an ever expanding library (55,100) of educational videos that will save you time and make you money
Join a team of friends and traders that have one thing in common; a burning desire to succeed.
Become a Member Today!
Gain immediate access to all our exclusive articles, features, how-to's, discussion group and much more...
Your Stock Market Mentor membership comes with a 14 day, no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!